Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Microvault BIO by gunvault

Just got one for my upcoming birthday from the better half. Setting it up was a snap for one finger identification for both myself and her. You're allowed two administrators. I decided to keep the Sig P226 in there. It also has the key backup and you can set it up for 120 other prints as well, which I found silly. Who would want or actually do that?
    Anybody else have one of these or other gunvault products and has it preformed this well over time? Inputs please.....
    The answer to a fool is silence.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Microvault BIO by gunvault

Not Gunvault, but I have had a DAK Sportsafe for years upon years and love this thing. I have only had to chance the batteries twice in about 9 years or so, (8 AA ). It allows you to shut off the beeps and also has a keyed backup. Got it at walmart for around $70.00. Also has a quick release mounting plate which is currently bolted down.

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    Not Gunvault, but I have had a DAK Sportsafe for years upon years and love this thing. I have only had to chance the batteries twice in about 9 years or so, (8 AA ). It allows you to shut off the beeps and also has a keyed backup. Got it at walmart for around $70.00. Also has a quick release mounting plate which is currently bolted down.
    That beats what we paid, lol. I just wanted something for one gun on the other side of the house. How compact is that safe? Thia thing can be used for travel in your vehicle as well. I didn't get one of their bigger safes.
    Haven't talk to you in a while, hope all is well, and have a nice holiday.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Sunrise View Post
    That beats what we paid, lol. I just wanted something for one gun on the other side of the house. How compact is that safe? Thia thing can be used for travel in your vehicle as well. I didn't get one of their bigger safes.
    Haven't talk to you in a while, hope all is well, and have a nice holiday.
    Everything is good, same to you, thanks. Yes, you can actually buy extra mounting plates for car, office, etc and it's a "2 pistol" safe. (has a plastic shelf that slides in and out)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=&q=d...9141da4f416ce8

Last edited by CHEMICAL; December 7th, 2010 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    Everything is good, same to you, thanks. Yes, you can actually buy extra mounting plates for car, office, etc and it's a "2 pistol" safe. (has a plastic shelf that slides in and out)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=&q=d...9141da4f416ce8

That's actually very nice. I didn't want something that big. This thing can actually slide under a seat if you travel, fits just one gun. That's all I want it for, just an emergency safe in my room.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Sunrise View Post
    That's actually very nice. I didn't want something that big. This thing can actually slide under a seat if you travel, fits just one gun. That's all I want it for, just an emergency safe in my room.
    Yeah, I know what ya mean. I have one of those small under seat lock boxes with the cable anchor in my car...very convenient. The one I bought doesn't hold my Sig P229 for example, but if I'm going somewhere that I have to be unarmed it will hold the slide or barrel/ recoil assembly while the frame or slide is located locked up in another place in the car.