Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Minimum post count for classifieds?

I had been thinking about this for a while and was wondering what others might think about it. I searched the rules and to see if it had been brought up, but didnt' see anything. Should there be a minimum post count to sell something in the classifieds?

I know lots of forums that you have to have at least 100-150 posts before you can sell something in the classifieds. I've seen lots of names in the classifieds that I've NEVER seen anywhere else on the forum. It just seems like it makes it easier for someone to scam someone else if they don't even have to have a minimum post count, or for some dealers to kind of have an account/s to sell stuff and try to get around the rule about businesses. Maybe it's kind of a self regulating thing where since people don't know someone or haven't seen them around the forum they don't want to do business with them. I just think it's pretty sorry that there's people on here with 1 post, or 5 posts, and trying to sell off all of their firearms; usually at excessive prices. Just seems like a way for someone to try to sell of their stuff, and benefit from PAFOA without giving anything at all. Maybe a way to help raise money for the forum would be that if you have less than 200 posts, etc, then there's a certain percentage charge, or a flat fee that they have to pay to sell. I don't know, maybe it doesn't bother anybody else, but I'd personally like to see these people not waste the bandwidth or time of others by just coming here to sell stuff. Any thoughts from others?

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Minimum post count for classifieds?

I've noticed that lately too. I agree with Tomcat that you should have to be a member of some standing before you're able to use the classifieds. Just so it doesn't turn into a freebie listing site.
    "Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!"

(Allegheny County)

This item has been suggested in the past, and I agree with the idea but it would appear that management has had no desire to implement such an idea since there really has been no issues that would suggest it is a problem. Rep/forum contribution are a good thing to keep in mind when determining who you do business with. With that being said I have heard from other people who have made purchases off of new people to the forum and have gotten a good deal. In the end, buyer beware.

(Cumberland County)

I am fairly new on here, and out of pure coincidence decided to buy an item from a gentleman on here,

actually i have a purchase pending this weekend as well.

but i regularly try to be active with news, questions, and use the forum for other reasons other than try to sell/buy things all the time.

but i do understand what you mean by post count.

i am a part of a few other forums and i have quite the post count... hopefully i get up higher with the pc's on here as well, and do it intuitively.

thank you for such a great site btw, to all who made it possible (that goes out to all the users with helpful hints/answers to questions that arise)

This has been discussed before. See post #3 there for the forum administrator's view on this.

(Allegheny County)

I'll close this as it's a duplicate, but it has given me an idea...

How about non PA residents paying to use the forum altogether?

I don't have all the details worked out, but I'm thinking that the fee should be proportionate to the size of the state one posts from.
    Texas
    is a pretty big state isn't it?

Cha-Ching!

Go ahead and discuss in the other thread if you wish.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!