Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Put a 9mm on layway yesterday

I've been looking around for a 9mm for some time now and I even had one on layaway before. I originally was going to get a Smith & Wesson 3913LS but decided against it some time later. My husband has a Taurus PT 111 and I have shot it a few times and liked it but wasn't sure I wanted the same gun as him. When I had posted that I was looking for a 9mm I asked for some suggestions and a few of you had mentioned Springfield's XD but I wasn't sure that was what I was looking for. Well the XD grew on me and I found myself looking at a sub-compact one yesterday at a gun shop in Rochester. I really liked it. They also had a PT111 like my husbands and I found myself liking it more as well. I talked with one of the guys at the shop and I told him I liked both guns. He took one of the guns and laid it on the other and showed me that they were basically the same gun as for as size goes. I'm not familiar with Springfield at all but I already own a taurus and I really like it plus I have already shot my husbands so I know what to expect with this gun. It was also more in my price range so I put it on layaway. I can't wait to get my gun and take it to the range as well as make it my carry gun.

~Kimber Eclipse Ultra II 45ACP ~Walther P22 stainless ~Bersa Thunder .380 ~Taurus .38 Special ~Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm ~Marlin 30-30 lever action ~Marlin .22~

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Put a 9mm on layway yesterday

Oh I LOVE that! Good for you!

PROUD WIFE OF PA. PATRIOT
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. "-Thomas Jefferson

Congrats! I had a PT140, for a short while. Great gun, I really liked it, unfortunately my mother liked it enough to remove if from my collection to be her carry gun.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Pa Patriot View Post
    Oh I LOVE that! Good for you!

I really have a thing for the compact pistols.

~Kimber Eclipse Ultra II 45ACP ~Walther P22 stainless ~Bersa Thunder .380 ~Taurus .38 Special ~Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm ~Marlin 30-30 lever action ~Marlin .22~

(Pike County)

Congrats. I have the original pt111, and it works well for me.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by DegaDoo72 View Post
    I really have a thing for the compact pistols.
    I carry a revolver. Just personal preference...I have always like revolvers better. But I LOVE your semi.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. "-Thomas Jefferson

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Congrats! I had a PT140, for a short while. Great gun, I really liked it, unfortunately my mother liked it enough to remove if from my collection to be her carry gun.
    Good for your mom. I hope someday to be able to "borrow" a few firearms from the gorilla boys.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Thanks. That was nice of you to give that gun up to your mom. I may be in the market for a .40 next but I promised my husband he could make the next couple of purchases so he can catch up to me. This will be my 7th gun.

Quote Originally Posted by gf45acp View Post
    Congrats. I have the original pt111, and it works well for me.
    Thank you. Mine is a third generation I believe.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Pa Patriot View Post
    I carry a revolver. Just personal preference...I have always like revolvers better. But I LOVE your semi.
    I have a snubbie .38 special that I keep tucked in between the mattress and the bed frame by my pillow in case of an emergency. It was the first gun I purchased.

(Luzerne County)

A Taurus. I had a Taurus I loved....a thief loved it more I guess. Tis why I back the no purses/hip carry only stance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast