Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Exclamation Re: Legality of foregrips on rifles and shotguns

Suggest you delete this post and move.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Legality of foregrips on rifles and shotguns

Why would you need to have a firearm in New York. Only criminals own guns in New York and New Jersey. If I were you I'd turn that gun in for own safety.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by RusskyDudesky View Post
    ... Also, the range only allows for loading of 5 rounds in the magazine even though state law says that a maximum of 10 rounds may be loaded at the range and 7 rounds everywhere else, so what was he harping on about that it's illegal? ....
    The range can make their own rules regarding how many rounds to load. While not "illegal", it's their rules if you want to shoot there.

Quote Originally Posted by RusskyDudesky View Post
    ... Nothing annoys me more than peopleb who don't mind their own business at the range and start lecturing me on what's legal and what's not when they themselves are not knowledgable of the state gun laws.
    Perhaps he was more knowledgable than you in this case. And, perhaps he was just interested in keeping a fellow New Yorker out of trouble with some assinine gun laws. Having your illegal [in NY] "assault weapon" confiscated on the spot by a LEO would probably ruin your whole week.
    IANAL. I don't give legal advice. I'm only stating my OPINION.
    (Did I really need to say that on an Internet forum? LOL)

(Chester County)

I use to live in ny. When I lived there I remember something along thoses lines as well. I don't think it is in the safe act. It might be their awb.

I am out of ny 10 years now. I would go to ar15.com and go to the home town forums and Ask this question.

Ny law is very hard to look up. They Have penal as well as conservation law.

An example of this is :
    if you have a loaded rifle, even one not In Chamber but in the mag, and lean the rifle against your vehicle while taking a break from hunting. You can be arrested for a loaded rifle in your vehicle.

They also have gun trafficking laws. When collectors who had 20 or more handguns. They would have to make an appoint for renewal/ inspection and the officer would come to their home and do the renewal. If the owner had the 20 legal handguns out of his home he could be arrested for gun trafficking.

This number might be lowered to 7 now.

It was a pain in the a$$ to renew. I would have to bring my handgun to them and they would inspect the serial number and issue me a new license. I had it easy because I had only 1 handgun. But i Remember guys bringing their collection in rifle cases to transport multiple guns.
    You couldn't have one loaded or concealed. Unloaded only.
    We would always say criminals could score guns from us law abiding suckers because they knew we had no protection while transporting the guns to headquarters.

Communists are f$&ked up people.

PA wake up. They are trying to make this nice place a commie paradise like NY.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lougotzz View Post
    I use to live in ny. When I lived there I remember something along thoses lines as well. I don't think it is in the safe act. It might be their awb.

I am out of ny 10 years now. I would go to ar15.com and go to the home town forums and Ask this question.

Ny law is very hard to look up. They Have penal as well as conservation law.

An example of this is :
    if you have a loaded rifle, even one not In Chamber but in the mag, and lean the rifle against your vehicle while taking a break from hunting. You can be arrested for a loaded rifle in your vehicle.

They also have gun trafficking laws. When collectors who had 20 or more handguns. They would have to make an appoint for renewal/ inspection and the officer would come to their home and do the renewal. If the owner had the 20 legal handguns out of his home he could be arrested for gun trafficking.

This number might be lowered to 7 now.

It was a pain in the a$$ to renew. I would have to bring my handgun to them and they would inspect the serial number and issue me a new license. I had it easy because I had only 1 handgun. But i Remember guys bringing their collection in rifle cases to transport multiple guns.
    You couldn't have one loaded or concealed. Unloaded only.
    We would always say criminals could score guns from us law abiding suckers because they knew we had no protection while transporting the guns to headquarters.

Communists are f$&ked up people.

PA wake up. They are trying to make this nice place a commie paradise like NY.
    The 'one feature' test is part of the SAFE ACT:

Section 37 of the bill amends Penal Law º 265.00(22) in order to strengthen New York's assault weapon ban, expanding its reach and making it easier to enforce. The proposed amendments replace the existing ban consisting of and a "two-feature" test adopted from the now-expired federal assault weapons ban with a clearer "one-feature" test. The "two-feature" test bans any gun that is semi-automatic, has a detachable magazine (in the case of pistols and rifles), and possesses two features that are commonly associated with military weapons. The "one-feature" test would ban semi-automatic guns with detachable magazines that possess one feature commonly associated with military weapons. This section also adds to the list of "features" that characterize a banned weapon.
    Bill S2230-2013

========================

Similarly in Pa while hunting:

34 Pa CS § 2503. Loaded firearms in vehicles.
    (a) General rule.--Except as otherwise provided in this
    title, it is unlawful for any person to have a firearm of any
    kind in or on or against any conveyance propelled by mechanical
    power or its attachments at any time whether or not the vehicle
    or its attachment is in motion unless the firearm is unloaded.
    IANAL

(Chester County)

I didn't know that it was similar in PA to lean a rifle against a vehicle while hunting.

I don't hunt so I never investigated it. It sucks in NY and in PA.

Thanks for the info.

I didn't know that it was similar in PA to lean a rifle against a vehicle while hunting.

I don't hunt so I never investigated it. It sucks in NY and in PA.

Thanks for the info.
    It game law.
    Just means you could be cited for hunting from a vehicle.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Chester County)

I still don't like it. I see laws on how they can be abused rather then what they are so called intended for.

I see it as a guy coming out of the woods and has some kind of issue. Who knows something in his shoe or he got bit by something. Something unexpected. He has safety on and leans his rifle against the vehicle. Secure so it is safe and he does what he has to do and now will unload said rifle. Game warden is watching and writes him up. In NY I think it is worse then that.

This is the crap that happens with to many laws. We have way to many laws in this country. For every issue not just guns. If they are worried about hunting from a vehicle then if a person is doing it then come down on him.

I am just so sick of the I gonna getcha mentality this country has. Behind every tree,around every corner someone is waiting to getcha.

This is not how it was suppose to be. Maybe I am just getting older.

Look at the freakin traffic cameras. People are so afraid of getting a ticket they are stopping short on yellow and causing accidents.

I tend to do the same thing. The other day I couldn't stop and the light changed right before I went through it. It was a very short yellow. I hope. Didn't get a ticket. I couldn't stop short. I would have cause an accident.

(Chester County)

I still don't like it. I see laws on how they can be abused rather then what they are so called intended for.

I see it as a guy coming out of the woods and has some kind of issue. Who knows something in his shoe or he got bit by something. Something unexpected. He has safety on and leans his rifle against the vehicle. Secure so it is safe and he does what he has to do and now will unload said rifle. Game warden is watching and writes him up. In NY I think it is worse then that.

This is the crap that happens with to many laws. We have way to many laws in this country. For every issue not just guns. If they are worried about hunting from a vehicle then if a person is doing it then come down on him.

<snip>
    There is also a safety issue when a loaded rifle is propped up against a vehicle in that there is significant potential that it could fall and discharge. If a hunter returns to his vehicle and can't/won't take the de minimis effort to unload for some strange reason then a simple option is to lay the rifle on the ground.

I really don't see what your issue is with this type of regulation. True, there are many that seem petty and oppressive but, in the final analysis, many were created in response to bad/non-thinking acts of people previously engaged in a regulated activity.
    IANAL

(Chester County)

I don't disagree with you about the safety issue with a loaded gun leaning against a vehicle. I would never do it even if legal. I am talking about the rare extream case that most probably will not happen.
    I just feel if we are free people we don't need to be told or shown how to do every little thing in life.
    It is becoming where we are looked at as total incompetents. I do agree that many people are. But I truly believe that was created for the very purpose to have heavy handed government.

I have lived in NY for 37 years and have seen this first hand with many things. When it creeps up on you it goes unnoticed. When you leave and see that other places don't need or do what you lived with all your life and the people are doing just fine you get a bit suspect.

ETA think about all the things that were done 20 -30 years ago and people were just fine.
    Last edited by Lougotzz; September 9th, 2013 at 09:54 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast