Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Talk about trying to spin a story...

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15...-wound-abdomen

So many news outlets are twisting headlines to make this seem like something other than what it is. Sporting New flat out lied with this headline: "Bryce Dejean-Jones, a promising New Orleans Pelicans guard, has fallen victim to gun violence."
    Last edited by pdougc; May 28th, 2016 at 07:18 PM. Reason: wrong quote
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    ...there are the true Americans that believe man can govern him/her self. They believe that ingenuity, integrity, hard work, morals and values have merit. That the government is accountable to the people and not the other way around.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Talk about trying to spin a story...

I'm also sure that nobody is mentioning the elephant in the room either. This guy who everyone is propping up and celebrating was about to rape, beat the shit out of, or worse, the mother of his daughter.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Talk about trying to spin a story...

Quote Originally Posted by ATBackpackin View Post
    I'm also sure that nobody is mentioning the elephant in the room either. This guy who everyone is propping up and celebrating was about to rape, beat the shit out of, or worse, the mother of his daughter.
    He was just trying to make sure that she got the child support payment.

Exclamation Pelicans guard Dejean-Jones fatally shot after breaking down apartment door, UMMMMMMM

THEY ARE MAKING HIM LOOK LIKE THE GOOD GUY AND HOME/APT OWNER THE BAD GUY FOR SELF DEFENCE!

New Orleans Pelicans guard Bryce Dejean-Jones was fatally shot after breaking down the door to a Dallas apartment, authorities said Saturday.

A man living at the apartment was sleeping when he heard his front door kicked open, Dallas Police Senior Cpl. DeMarquis Black said in a statement. When Dejean-Jones began kicking at the bedroom door, the man retrieved a handgun and fired.

Officers who responded found Dejean-Jones collapsed in an outdoor passageway, and he later died at a hospital. He was 23.

"We are devastated at the loss of this young man's life," the Pelicans said in a statement.

It is legal in Texas for someone to use deadly force in order to protect themselves from intruders.

"I just lost my best friend/cousin last night enjoy life because you never know if tomorrow is guaranteed," Shabazz Muhammad of the Minnesota Timberwolves wrote on Twitter.

Julie Keel, a spokeswoman for Camden Property Trust, the real estate company that owns the apartment complex in Dallas, confirmed that the complex's apartment manager had sent out an email to residents saying that the person who had been shot had been trying to break into "the apartment of an estranged acquaintance" and that this person had "inadvertently" broken into the wrong apartment.

Black said he could not confirm that Dejean-Jones was trying to access an acquaintance's apartment.

In Dejean-Jones' only NBA season, which ended in February because of a broken right wrist, the 6-foot-6 guard started 11 of 14 games and averaged 5.6 points and 3.4 rebounds.

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver called it a "tragic loss."

"Bryce inspired countless people with his hard work and perseverance on his journey to the NBA, and he had a bright future in our league," Silver said in a statement issued Saturday.

Dejean-Jones was part of the 2014-15 Iowa State team that went 25-9, captured a Big 12 title and made a fourth consecutive trip to the NCAA Tournament. He was fourth on the team in scoring, averaging 10.5 points in 33 games. He shot a career-best 47.6 percent in his lone season as a Cyclone. He also played at Southern California and UNLV and was signed by the Pelicans last summer after not being selected in the 2015 draft.

"Bryce's dedication and hard work on his journey to the NBA will forever serve as an inspiration to us all," said National Basketball Players Association executive director Michele Roberts, who had posted a link to the story of Dejean-Jones' death on Twitter and wrote that it was "The news I pray every day I never have to hear."

Dejean-Jones was suspended late in the 2013-14 season from UNLV for conduct detrimental to the team, and announced that he was leaving USC midway through the 2010-11 season.

"This is a very, very sad and tragic day for everyone that's a part of the Cyclone basketball family," Iowa State coach Steve Prohm said.

Former Cyclones coach Fred Hoiberg, now the coach of the NBA's Chicago Bulls, added in a statement that Dejean-Jones was a "passionate and talented player that lived out his dream of playing in the NBA through hard work and perseverance."

Besides Muhammad, several NBA players reacted on Twitter on Saturday.

"Crazy how life is man," wrote Brooklyn Nets guard Shane Larkin. "Prayers out to Bryce Dejean Jones and his family."

Added Quincy Pondexter, one of Dejean-Jones' teammates with the Pelicans: "This Can't be real life... Rest easy lil bro."

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/05/28/police-pelicans-guard-dejean-jones-fatally-shot-after-breaking-down-apartment-door.html?intcmp=hpbt4
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Pelicans guard Dejean-Jones fatally shot after breaking down apartment door, UMMM

I wasn't even aware that New Orleans had a pro basketball team but the best that they could come up with is The Pelicans?

Default Re: Pelicans guard Dejean-Jones fatally shot after breaking down apartment door, UMMM

Looks like money cant change some things.

It is legal in Texas for someone to use deadly force in order to protect themselves from intruders.

Yeah it's pretty much legal to defend your self anywhere in the United States when someone breaks down your front door then starts in on your bedroom door. I'm also going to go out on a limb here and say he was drunk, high, or both and has a history of violence.

Who knows by him breaking down the wrong door and getting himself killed might have saved the life of the person who he really intended to get to which most likely was a female.
    Last edited by Hodgie; May 29th, 2016 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingtoAmerica View Post
    Looks like money cant change some things.
    Nope but a seriously bad decision and a bullet sure can.

(Northampton County)

That's what you get, dipshit. Everybody knows that.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(York County)

Dam shame with the cost of ammo these days..............would a crack to the skull with a ball-bat have worked?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast