Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default National Security Came First: 47 passengers locked into parked aircraft overnight

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/08/10...-imprsion.html

"It's not like you're on a [Boeing] 747 and you can walk around,'' said Christin, a professor at William Mitchell College of Law. "This was a sardine can, with a single row of seats on one side of the plane and two rows of seats on the other. And they've got about 50 people inside, including babies, for the whole night. It was a nightmare...''
    I mean, please, come on, people ...

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: National Security Came First: 47 passengers locked into parked aircraft overnight

Not exactly a "CUSTOMER SERVICE" airline... think there are going to be ALOT of discussions in court on THIS one....
    I would have gotten off the plane one way or another.... but thats just me...

Default Re: National Security Came First: 47 passengers locked into parked aircraft overnight

(Montgomery County)

Being held against your will for 12hrs sure sounds like kidnapping to me.

Quote Originally Posted by schr8er2000 View Post
    I would have gotten off the plane one way or another.... but thats just me...
    I was thinking the same thing. What exactly would they do if you departed the plane through the emergency exit?
    Would they seriously prosecute given the amount of negative press it'd receive?

(Allegheny County)

Don't get it. You don't get screened when you exit an airplane. They passed pasted through screening in order to get on the plane. Either the crew is full of morons or there's some stupid regulation imposed on the airport by TSA or some other government agency.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by tlgpa View Post

I was thinking the same thing. What exactly would they do if you departed the plane through the emergency exit?
    It's not kidnapping if it's for security purposes... duh.

Sometimes it's appropriate to display medical symptoms that would require medical care off the plane, even if you don't feel them yet.

Airlines may view us the same as other cargo, but we don't have to act like it.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Just wait...more government intervention into the airline industry will fix everything.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Sometimes it's appropriate to display medical symptoms that would require medical care off the plane, even if you don't feel them yet.
    OMG I can see the headlines now:
    "47 trapped airline passengers have simultaneous heart attack symptons"

Quote Originally Posted by tlgpa View Post

I beleive it would be a federal offense, and the feds who would charge the person wouldn't really care about publicity.

But I share your frustration and I would be suing the hell out of that airline, airport, and the feds who made the rules that imprisoned me, assuming I didn't take direct action to get off the plane...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast