Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Just saw something new: Google Voice. Any invites?

Anyone have an invite to pass along for this? Looks kinda interesting to at least check out.
    PM me if you do

Google Voice - a service that gives you one phone number to link all your phones and makes voicemail as easy as email.

Thanks!

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Just saw something new: Google Voice. Any invites?

Might be interesting.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Might be interesting.
    Yeah, it's just by special invitation for now (like their Gmail was originally)... I don't think it's one of Google's pranks that they're famous for... I think they do those only on April Fool's Days

Would seem my invitation code expired, sorry. Looks awesome for someone just starting out, but I don't see myself giving out a new number to everyone I know. If for some reason I ever need to get a new cell number chances are i'll give it a go though.

Until then *72, or the already built in call forwading on my iphone.

(Allegheny County)

It's not like Gmail where you have to be invited by other users. You put your name in the hat and every week they draw a handful of names.

https://services.google.com/fb/forms/googlevoiceinvite/

I have a Google Voice number and I very much like it, even though I'm only using it for Voice Mail at the moment - I set up all the voice mail forwards on my phone to go to GV rather then T-Mobile's voicemail system, then turned on the GV "Do Not Disturb" feature, which routs all incoming calls directly to your GV voicemail.

It's pretty cool, but I don't use my number... just play with it. It's the kind of thing where you really have to make a big decision to start using it - giving out a different number, or even announcing to your contacts that your number changed. I've thought about using it for special events - hand out a number for people to call to find out the status of a soccer game rainout, or something like that... but haven't actually done that yet.

I signed up back when it was called Grand Central, so it was easy to get a number back then.

Maybe I'll give the number to my daughter when she goes to college, and she can use it to screen the acquaintances she comes across who ask for a number. It would be good for that. Oh man, I just realized... she's gonna have her cell as her only phone then, and we're gonna eat up peak minutes like crazy!!!! arghghg.

If you have something like Fave Five on your cell plan, you can save a lot of minutes and money. You add the google voice number as one of your fave fives - then all calls from there are free minutes. Then you forward the google voice number to your cell, and tell people to use the google voice number instead. Wallah! Free incoming cell minutes all day long.

I just logged in to see if there is such a thing as invites I could give out... I don't see anything like that. Sorry.
    Tommy610, NRA Member, Romans 12:18