Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: AIM Surplus

(York County)

Angry AIM Surplus

Had a very bad experience with this internet dealer.

Ordered an Enfield Jungle Carbine based on their description.
    "Original Enfield No. 5 MK1 .303 British caliber "Jungle Carbines". Manufactured by the British in 1944-47, these Rare Carbines saw service in multiple important conflicts in Military History. This very small batch of guns were selected for a better overall condition and are professionally cleaned and degreased. Original wood has been tastefully cleaned and restored. These are complete and authentic rifles; bores have varied from bright to moderate from some corrosion yet very serviceable."

The rifle I actually received bore little or no resemblence to their description.

The stock was oil soaked, the stampings were unreadable, there were no matching numbers, there were no stock cartouches or pressure testing indica on the receiver, there was rust on the trigger guard and magazine, etc, etc.

Basically it was a piece of shit and one that I would not have given a second glance at a gun show.

Do I feel screwed? Yeah. Richard Greenburg (Mechanicsburg Ordnance) my FFL advised me to refuse acceptance and send it back. I accepted it.

I have an email to AIM surplus basically accusing them of fraud. I will post results.

Beware of AIM Surplus!

Default Re: AIM Surplus

Quote Originally Posted by ntouchet View Post
    Do I feel screwed? Yeah. Richard Greenburg (Mechanicsburg Ordnance) my FFL advised me to refuse acceptance and send it back. I accepted it.
    Why did you not take the advice of the FFL and refuse to accept it?

The fact you were willing to accept it as it was tells the story.
    IANAL. I don't give legal advice. I'm only stating my OPINION.
    (Did I really need to say that on an Internet forum? LOL)

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with them. I have placed two orders with them in the past (for new items, not used/older) and had great, fast experiences both times. They have good customer service and would likely help you out.

I will say that a nice email expressing your concerns would probably be better received and yield more satisfying results than a scathing one accusing them of fraud. I understand the need to vent, but save that for the forums or the 2nd or 3rd email if they refuse to make it right.

In my store, someone with a positive attitude gets much better assistance and I am more likely to go the extra mile for them than a guy who comes in yelling and making accusations. Mistakes happen. Give them a chance.

(Allegheny County)

I've purchased from them many, many times and think they're an excellent company with great customer service. Did you ask them about returning it before bashing them? Chances are they would have worked to make you happy.

Please Note: The poster was issued a warning for this post.

OP I don't think you are going to get many folks to side with you. Instead of contacting AIM first and allowing them the opportunity to make things right...you decide to internet bash them.

I personally think you are an idiot.

1) You didn't listen to the recommendation of you FFL.
    2) You didn't give Aim opportunity to make things right.
    3) You decided to bash a good company on the internet.

I've placed many orders with Aim and it's a great company. Go to ARF and you will see they will take care of any issues. The owner along with other Aim employees are members.

I've had Bryan go out of his way to help me on multiple occasions. There aren't many companies that will go out of their way to do right by the customer.

(Allegheny County)

Aim is a good vendor and I'm sure they will take care of it.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boots_DE View Post
    Why did you not take the advice of the FFL and refuse to accept it?
    Confused by this as well. You should not have accepted it.

(Monroe County)

Pic's or GTFO

For what you posted they did not claim that it would be matching # or markings. I take "complete" as no missing parts. Corrosion=rust. They warned there would be some.

I can't see how it's AIM's fault.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

You got what you paid for, a $495 carbine. What you expected would have cost you a few hundred more.

(Tioga County)

I got kinda dorked over on the recent K31 deal with AIM. The ad said the import marks were discretely under the barrel and instead it was a big ugly Century stamp over the top of the receiver. Unlike others I never got an email asking whether or not I still wanted the rifle once this was "discovered", nor did AIM take any action to try to make their misrepresentation right.

My position at the end was that this was an 80 year old rifle that overall was in great shape, and just like if you have an ugly kid, you look at their positive traits and don't put them up for adoption. I wasn't going to abandon a great rifle because some Century monkeys tattooed it like idiots and some lackey at AIM misrepresented it.

I saw these jungle carbines for sale on their site and for one thing they are not common and another is that they are 70 years old and out of Southeast Asia. That they are intact in one piece is amazing enough. I think essentially when you buy something like that you have the expectation it's not new, it's a well used antique and you will not get perfection.

If it did bother you, then I would have refused acceptance and sent it back.

But since you did take it, and that you did, I would then endeavor to give it a good home and clean it up. I have bought plenty of old stuff and I've amazed my own self how I have been able to clean up old things and make them useful and decently looking again.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast