Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Wow, I think a call to the teacher is in order...or my history is off!

My daughter says to me tonight "mom were you born when Columbus was on the moon?"

I looked at her kind of funny (you know the look, like she has two heads) and said "I never heard of that. I don't know what you're talking about."

Her answer was "OH YEAH! Well Mr. Marks said it's true!!!"

I might add that she's 6 and just in kindergarten. She's also a complete airhead. I could be here all night telling you some of the funny crap this kid has said and done.

I am half tempted to call and ask the teacher what he's telling her though. He would know I was messing with him of course.

Default Re: Wow, I think a call to the teacher is in order...or my history is off!

You didnt know? Armstrong discovered America?
    ΑΣΦ

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Wow, I think a call to the teacher is in order...or my history is off!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam M Geer View Post
    Sure why not?
    Columbus sure as hell didn't, and that is what I was told for 14 years of Gubermint provided education

(Lebanon County)

Oh yeah, my son and I have already had that talk. He is old enough to understand the concept that Columbus didn't discover shit! Now my 6 year old has yet to discover what it means to use an inside voice so...baby steps here.

One day I had taken her to the mall for something and you know how sometimes they have cars sitting in the mall for advertising purposes? Sometimes you can enter a drawing to win the car or whatever. Well anyway, there was a car sitting in the mall. Well she looks at it and says "mom, that car is for someone to buy. No one is going to buy it though. It would just be too heavy to pick up and carry out of here." I said to her "yeah, they probably don't have a shopping bag that size either" and she says "nope, probably not".

(Chester County)

Remember... kids can fly, until they learn the laws of physics.

Don't stiffle her imagination, I'm sure she has loads of other interesting things to tell you still. heheh.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." Thomas Jefferson

(Lackawanna County)

My 6yo son knows about 75% of the lyrics to Dirty Deeds. I can't even begin to tell you how proud my wife is of both of us.
    "Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!"

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    My daughter says to me tonight "mom were you born when Columbus was on the moon?"
    It's well-known that the moon is covered with "seas", or "maria". The Sea of Tranquility (Mare Tranquillitatis) is where Apollo 11 landed.

Columbus was on the Santa Maria.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam M Geer View Post

Yeah right... We all know Al Gore discovered America like he invented the internet.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Yeah right... We all know Al Gore discovered America like he invented the internet.
    Ohhh.....Nice one!

Sadly though I think that schools have lost their zeal for history, and reality.....but I guess it's something we have to live with. And we'll just have to keep deprograming the Che is great mentality that all too many a school brainwashes poor people into following.....If your daughter starts coming home saying something like that....be very afraid....
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force! Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action. - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    HAHAHAA Thats a good one... He also discovered Man-bear-pig!!!

if your in the dark it a south park episode...
    ΑΣΦ

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast