Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Just a heads up on .380 ammo

My order for 500 rounds of .380 auto Winchester 95 gr fmj from Sportsman's Guide was placed on August 10th with an expected ship date of Sept 9th. I just received an email stating the ship date was extended to Nov 9th. I placed an order with Cabela's today with an expected ship date of Sept 15th.

Most (if not all) of the online ammo suppliers have no .380 ammo in stock. I guess I'll keep both orders open and see who wins.

There has been a shortage of .380 and most other types of popular ammo for over a year now. Just when you think it's going to ease up a bit.......

Thanks big O.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Just a heads up on .380 ammo

This is why the Wifes gun with have to be a 9mm but its better for CCW so its all good..

(Jefferson County)

It's not that difficult to find if you keep your eyes on a few sites. It can be had for decent prices, even. I have bought about 300 rounds of .380ACP in the last couple months to keep up practice with my Ruger LCP, and haven't paid over $22/box of 50.

But yea, Cabela's will eventually fulfill your order.

(Schuylkill County)

My friend and I had a bulk order in for .40, and it was like 2 months backordered, and just the other day he got notified they cancelled the order... which was good because we were going to cancel the effing thing anyway. No reason for that crap... so I'll just continue to buy from my well-stocked dealer for about the same price Cabela's would work out to anyway. I just figure it's easier to get it in bulk, all at once... but w/e.
    III%

(Cumberland County)

problem solved

Midway has brass, get the 100gr plated bullets from Berry's... primers on the other hand...

Powder Valley shows that they have Wolf small pistol MAGNUM primers in stock. You can use them, but start at minimum loads and work up. I would also suggest (if you do get MAG primers) that you choose a powder with a fairly wide range between min and max charges.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Westmoreland County)

Just another Obama, Pulosi, Clinton conspiracy!

(Bucks County)

Sorry, I don't get this thread.

We know there has been a shortage on all ammo for the past months/year. So whats the heads up part?
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    Sorry, I don't get this thread.

We know there has been a shortage on all ammo for the past months/year. So whats the heads up part?
    I had read in other places in this forum that the ammo shortage was easing up. I was merely trying to point out that it is not, especially in .380. Earlier this year, I didn't mind waiting a month for my order of 500-1000 rounds because I knew they would show up. Now it's up to 3 months.

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by XDm40 View Post
    I had read in other places in this forum that the ammo shortage was easing up. I was merely trying to point out that it is not, especially in .380. Earlier this year, I didn't mind waiting a month for my order of 500-1000 rounds because I knew they would show up. Now it's up to 3 months.
    Anecdotal reports of the easing of the availability of certain types of ammunition are seen on the web. This may not be broadscale supply in the market, however.

As for myself, I have yet to see much increase in the supply anywhere in the further, rural, reaches of the Commonwealth (like Franklin County where I am). Such 380 ACP as I have seen available is at the one place that "always" has it but at a cost almost prohibitive to ordinary budgets.

I take this "heads up" as being a warning against false optimism and, being the skeptic that I am, I agree and won't admit of an abundance of ammunition supply until I see most of the local shelves stocked to levels and prices they were in Pre-Obama days. Well, maybe prices will never get there, but let's just say "reasonable prices", OK?

Flash

I got some information about 380 a few months ago, not sure if it's 100% accurate but I have heard it from several sources.

380 is the worst selling of all calibers on the market and most manufacturers only make it once a year. Because they are so far behind on so many other popular calibers many manufacturers decided to NOT re-tool for the yearly 380 production this year, at least not until they got caught up with the other back orders.

Take it for what it is worth, like I said I heard the same thing from 2 sources.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast