Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Washington County)

Default Dee's Cafe and a few thoughts

Okay, I had my first issue dealing with OCing today. I wasn't really sure how I would handle this situation before it happened.

So I was supposed to meet some people at a bar this afternoon. When I was walking in to the bar a woman (who I found out later was a bartender) said, "There's a gun on your hip!" To which I replied, "You're right."

After she and I both entered the bar she spoke to a guy (who I found out later was the manager). The guy turned and told me, "You can't carry a gun in here!" I looked him in the eye (not knowing yet that he was the manager) and said, "Okay." Upon that I about faced and headed straight for the door.

Fast forward a half hour someone came late and we had moved down the south side. We all went to get him in the bar. Mistake on my part.

The bartender mentioned to the manager that I was back and the manager told me that guns aren't allowed in there at all, "unless you want to provide everyone in there with a gun so everyone is on an even field." I let him know that I didn't wish to provide the bar's dozen customers with firearms, and with that I left.

Now for the few thoughts.

It's <insert odd emotion here> to have people judge you because you have a gun on your hip. One of the people I met at the bar today said that if it hadn't been for the t-shirt I was wearing, he wouldn't have stayed. I know having my firearm definitely gave a different feeling than I'm used to.

I guess the juxtaposition of the PAFOA shoot on Sunday and then a "liberal" reddit.com meetup today was just two extremes.

*shrug*
    dd

Default Re: Dee's Cafe and a few thoughts

what did your T-shirt say?

Expand your take on the person and their statement about leavin the bar cause you were armed.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    what did your T-shirt say?

Expand your take on the person and their statement about leavin the bar cause you were armed.
    My t-shirt was specific to the website that brought the four of us together.

It's the way to know if you have a reply to one of your comments.

What person and what statement to leave the bar?

EDIT: Not me in the picture, by the way. http://store.xkcd.com/reddit/#Theora...envelopetshirt

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyf22 View Post
    Okay, I had my first issue dealing with OCing today. I wasn't really sure how I would handle this situation before it happened.

So I was supposed to meet some people at a bar this afternoon. When I was walking in to the bar a woman (who I found out later was a bartender) said, "There's a gun on your hip!" To which I replied, "You're right."

After she and I both entered the bar she spoke to a guy (who I found out later was the manager). The guy turned and told me, "You can't carry a gun in here!" I looked him in the eye (not knowing yet that he was the manager) and said, "Okay." Upon that I about faced and headed straight for the door.

Fast forward a half hour someone came late and we had moved down the south side. We all went to get him in the bar. Mistake on my part.

The bartender mentioned to the manager that I was back and the manager told me that guns aren't allowed in there at all, "unless you want to provide everyone in there with a gun so everyone is on an even field." I let him know that I didn't wish to provide the bar's dozen customers with firearms, and with that I left.

Now for the few thoughts.

It's <insert odd emotion here> to have people judge you because you have a gun on your hip.
    One of the people I met at the bar today said that if it hadn't been for the t-shirt I was wearing, he wouldn't have stayed.
    That statement...what was your impression? Was he one of the group of four (4)? I know having my firearm definitely gave a different feeling than I'm used to.

I guess the juxtaposition of the PAFOA shoot on Sunday and then a "liberal" reddit.com meetup today was just two extremes.

*shrug*
    dd
    Just wondering your impression, take on this statement? His attitude, demeanor, body language?

(Washington County)

Well of the three people there one was an accountant, and the other two worked in IT. He worked in IT. All of them rolled their eyes when I said why I got thrown out, but he was the only one to make a verbal remark.

He was slightly a smartass, born in Phili, short, stout kind of guy.

When we all got our tabs I was the only one left to pay his own tab, the accountant picked up the IT guy's tabs.