Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default classified mods...

i really understand that the classified section had to be "cleaned up"
    by this i mean, there where full blown conversations going on in a sale section, having nothing to do with this or that...
    so, really i do understand "something" had to be done.

well, for the second time to me personally, i have had a thread, modified or deleted "in record time"
    i asked about the availability of a particular rifle YESTERDAY...that thread is GONE TODAY?...i did not even see the reply...I only know the reply was that it sold due to the email that was sent...
    come on guys...i realize your trying to keep a tidy house, but i feel it is getting carried away.

as i stated, this is not the first time this happened to me, i sent dan a pm and he said it would be discussed in the mods section...well i am reasonably sure it was posted...

just my $.02...

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: classified mods...

I agree the change has taken a little to get use to. But I think the change was really designed to eliminate negative posts that were happening allot in the OP's thread (ie "that pistol is junk, I wouldn't buy it if it was half that price").

So to provide a little more "control" the new rules are design to be closer to a "Craigslist" type interface were the OP post's his item(s) and then potential buyers correspond with the OP via email or in this case PM. If a question is asked in a PM the seller can always post the question and answer to inform other users of that information. So, other than the OP adding some content to the thread, potential buyers should only be posting that they sent a PM to the seller.

Someone correct me if I'm off-base here.

Hawk,
    Toujours pręt

(Lebanon County)

I can't help but agree with both sides here. The classified section is not the place to discuss opinions about the merits or disadvantages of the item for sale, or worse, similar items or unrelated subject matter. That deserves a new thread.

On the other hand, if a serious question about the particular item for sale is posted to get clarification or more details about said item, it seems reasonable to me that such direct questions, and corresponding direct answers should be allowed.

I realize that a question can lead to a discussion rather than a simple answer, and that is probably why the rule is in place and enforced the way it is.

Just my 2˘.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I agree the change has taken a little to get use to. But I think the change was really designed to eliminate negative posts that were happening allot in the OP's thread (ie "that pistol is junk, I wouldn't buy it if it was half that price").

So to provide a little more "control" the new rules are design to be closer to a "Craigslist" type interface were the OP post's his item(s) and then potential buyers correspond with the OP via email or in this case PM.
    If a question is asked in a PM the seller can always post the question and answer to inform other users of that information. So, other than the OP adding some content to the thread, potential buyers should only be posting that they sent a PM to the seller.

Someone correct me if I'm off-base here.

Hawk,
    It looks like you and I were typing at the same time, you clicked the submit button before I did.
    You're not off base at all. That's an angle I didn't think of. Sounds like the better solution.

The only problem I have with it is if the seller lacks information (which is common beyond belief), and someone pm's the OP the info is often not updated so we can all see it. Granted it's the seller’s problem, but it's annoying none the less.

Please posts pics for God's sake!
    FUCK BIDEN

(Philadelphia County)

I agree, over-moderation of that section of the forum has taken away a LOT more than what it has added.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Allegheny County)

I asked about the availability of a particular rifle...
    Honestly, the only person who can answer the question is the seller.

By sending a PM, he/she will likely get an email as well as a notice that he/she has a PM when logging on the next time.

Make sense?

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Honestly, the only person who can answer the question is the seller.

By sending a PM, he/she will likely get an email as well as a notice that he/she has a PM when logging on the next time.

Make sense?

Sure EM take the side of the MAN on this one
    FUCK BIDEN

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Sure EM take the side of the MAN on this one
    Hey, the man with the itchy "delete finger" has a bigger hammer than me.
    (At least that's what I let him think.)

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

it's rediculous!
    the classifieds are WAAAY overmoderated at this point!
    as stated, there was a problem, now, there is a problem,
    a happy medium needs to be found.

the thread i am speaking of was a rifle for sale...with a bump ...my question posted...is it still available?
    reply sent to my email stated it was sold, posted answer was i am assuming sold...
    thread was delaeted in less then 24 hrs...c'mon

if everything goes pm'd, what proof is had for conversation?
    if deal goes south, and everything handled pm, how do you show others, why not to deal with this particular clown?
    granted, pm is needed, but so is...get this...
    m o d e r a t i o n !!!, not dictation and deletion.
    give it some sort of time frame...ther is MANY back pages of threads, delete them.

this is a fantastic site, filled with a tremendous amount of info, and is run for the most part...very good.
    seems to me whoever moderates the classifieds, is a bit overboard.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast