Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: S & W mod 29

(Westmoreland County)

Default S & W mod 29

I want to trade my S&W 29 with 8 3/8 barrell.It is about 10 yrs old and is in great shape.Has Pachmayr grips and orig grips.What would be a ball park price on a trade.Prob will be looking at a $530 purchase

(Butler County)

Default Re: S & W mod 29

I had the same model and barrel length that I purchased years ago. Kept it in pristine condition.

Got $425.00 on a trade-in toward an M&P .40
    Last edited by Rogue River; January 22nd, 2008 at 11:45 PM.
    I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: S & W mod 29

You'd be better off selling it.

When you trade a gun to a dealer towards another gun, you generally will only get 60-70% of what it's worth.
    You can get an idea of your guns worth by looking at some of the on-line auctions like Gunbroker or Auction Arms. You can also check the board classifieds on the S&W forum.
    You can either sell it through the classifieds on one of the forums or find a gun shop that will sell it on consignment (there are commissions involved in selling it that way)
    Your other option would be to take it to a gun show and try to sell it there. You'll do alot better $$ wise selling it to an individual then to a dealer. If you have a box for it, carry it around with a sign on it with the details or put a sign on your back. There are FFLs there that will do the transfer (I sold an Hk that way).
    Hope this helps and good luck with the sale!

BTW - I'd be interested if it were a 4 or 6" barrel.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad