Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Flying in the face of credibility like a bird into plate glass, Mass Senate ...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,553821,00.html

Like we didn't see this coming but couldn't believe it anyway?

Default Re: Flying in the face of credibility like a bird into plate glass, Mass Senate ...

What just flames my ass is that these asshole flaming liberals in MASS are going to set National Policy because of some drunk asshole who just happened to die recently. FUCK YOU MASSACHUSETTES and all your Sorry ass Citizens!!!

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Flying in the face of credibility like a bird into plate glass, Mass Senate ...

Wow what a shock. These politicians seem to think they can do whatever they want, forget what the people say. This reminds me of Bloomberg, the voters voted for term limits and now in his last term he deceides what they voted for doesn't mean crap. Amazing, why have elections.

(Lackawanna County)

It can't stand court muster; Ex Post Facto laws are unconstitutional by both the federal on Massachussetts constitutions.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

I agree that changing the rules in the middle of the game should not stand.

As little regard as I have for the Bay State, their proposed process is not unusual. 46 states give the governor the power to fill a Senate vacancy, until either a special or general election. MA and 3 others leave the seat vacant until a special election. PA is among 37 states that would give fast Eddie the right to make an appointment until the next scheduled general election.

http://www.ncsl.org/default.aspx?tabid=18423

(Montgomery County)

when John Kerry was running for prez and Mitt Romney was gov of MA good old Teddy was working hard to make sure the govenor didn't have this power. in the last few months of his life he was working to make sure that the govenor could appoint a senator. that's our elected officials hard at work for us

(Perry County)

What is so egregious is that they changed the rules when Romney was Governor and Kerry looked like he might vacate his seat for the Presidency. Didn't want Romney to be able to pick a replacement.

I figured that this was going to pass. I'm a little upset that it did but was never doubt that it would pass.

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    What is so egregious is that they changed the rules when Romney was Governor and Kerry looked like he might vacate his seat for the Presidency. Didn't want Romney to be able to pick a replacement.
    ... which is why I found this happenstance worth commentary. I had thought that the legislative flip-flop was common knowledge among people keeping tabs on goings-on.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by wa3ra View Post
    It can't stand court muster; Ex Post Facto laws are unconstitutional by both the federal on Massachussetts constitutions.
    I'm with you on this one.
    It's also much better to be an evicted survivor than an obedient corpse. -GunLawyer001

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast