Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Pennsylvania to upgrade background check system for concealed-carry license requests

By Christina Gallagher

Published: Tuesday, May 28, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
    Updated 4 hours ago

A switch to an online system and additional staffing are expected to speed up Pennsylvania's approval of concealed weapons license applications this year, eliminating delays like those plaguing Allegheny County, state officials say.

Read more: http://triblive.com/news/allegheny/4...#ixzz2Ub7QH4WJ
    Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania to upgrade background check system for concealed-carry license reque

Good.

Then hopefully it will migrate over to the FFL for purchases as well.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Berks County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania to upgrade background check system for concealed-carry license reque

Speedier in this case is way better!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Good.

Then hopefully it will migrate over to the FFL for purchases as well.
    I believe the Federal part of the process is already being done online, at least out here. When I purchased my last firearm in April, I answered some questions online, but the shop owner still had to call in for PICS.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    I believe the Federal part of the process is already being done online, at least out here. When I purchased my last firearm in April, I answered some questions online, but the shop owner still had to call in for PICS.
    That was probably the "computerized" 4473.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    That was probably the "computerized" 4473.
    Yep, you are correct, my mistake. Thanks for correcting my post.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    It's up to the FFL if he/she wants to use a computerized 4473. Most of the FFL's I deal with still use the paper version.

This system upgrade is about the PICS call for sheriffs. Hopefully they can then allow FFL's to use it to help speed up things.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

If only they would get with the times, and have the application for the LTCF online, along with the approval, and get rid of antiquated sections of that application that have nothing to do with the prohibitors. And get the county sheriffs out of the LTCF business. The fact that each county has its own Barney Fife procedures and policies is evidence that they are pre-empting the state's laws, in violation of those laws. I can renew my driver's license online, the technology is already there. I'd even pay a huge markup in the application fee to see the LTCF application and approval online and instantaneous. It's time they get on board. Paying more overtime for sheriff's deputies to hand check a hand written application has got to be extremely expensive.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by fortysix View Post
    If only they would get with the times, and have the application for the LTCF online, along with the approval, and get rid of antiquated sections of that application that have nothing to do with the prohibitors. And get the county sheriffs out of the LTCF business. The fact that each county has its own Barney Fife procedures and policies is evidence that they are pre-empting the state's laws, in violation of those laws. I can renew my driver's license online, the technology is already there. I'd even pay a huge markup in the application fee to see the LTCF application and approval online and instantaneous. It's time they get on board. Paying more overtime for sheriff's deputies to hand check a hand written application has got to be extremely expensive.
    We should no more have to pay for a LTCF than we have to pay for a voter registration card. Bearing arms is a fundamental right guaranteed by the U.S. and PA constitutions. There should be no fee to do so.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.