Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default A few good things out of Hurricane Sandy

So I was talking with my happy co-worker today, who has been wanting a firearm for some time now but whose wife was adamantly opposed to the idea, that he just bought a 9mm pistol. He was truly excited and I wanted to hear more about it but I was wondering how he pulled it off.

He stated that he was driving home with his wife after Sandy blew through and she was commenting on how dark it was with no electricity, no phone and started telling him that she was getting somewhat scared because if the outage lasted and people started to become "on edge", what was going to stop them from pillaging, looting, etc... and 911 was non-existent.

He took this as a sign to go out and purchase something ASAP, and he did. She was somewhat upset but he said that she did have a well defined look of relief too.

My boss then came up to me today and just chuckled stating that his "liberal" wife actually approached him about getting something to "protect the house" just in case civil unrest ensued after another natural disaster. She wasn't against guns per se, just guns in her house. Oh how things change.

So that's 1, almost 2 people who I'd thought would not be gun owners suddenly turn when their respective spouses saw the potential evil in humanity after disasters like Hurricane Sandy.

Thank god I don't have one of those wives but I'm glad those 2 are coming to there senses
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Butler County)

Default Re: A few good things out of Hurricane Sandy

I never understood the whole "my wife won't let me have a gun thing".
    It's not up for a debate. I will keep it locked up and safe from little fingers. I won't spend the bill money on another AK. But it stays. And I'll probably get another one when I get some spare coin.

(Lackawanna County)

my wife said something to that effect to. I just looked at her and said Ive got 5 30 round mags already loaded for the ar-15. If you want I can load more. That was the end of that.

(Chester County)

If my wife says I can't buy a new gun, that's usually because either (1) she wants it or (2) she already bought it for me as a Christmas gift.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I know some wives, including my own, that don't have a problem with a gun in the house. The problem comes after the 10th gun, or the 20th, or 25...

If Mama aint happy then no one in the house is happy. Lucky for me the wife likes guns to. Back in 2010 she would not even touch one until a shooting in our neighborhood and our car being hit. We went out that weekend and bought guns for each other for our 7th anniversary.
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bortle View Post
    I never understood the whole "my wife won't let me have a gun thing".
    It's not up for a debate. I will keep it locked up and safe from little fingers. I won't spend the bill money on another AK. But it stays. And I'll probably get another one when I get some spare coin.
    My thoughts exactly. For my wife it's not an opposition to guns at all. It's a money thing. She spends so much money on useless crap though and I used to give her a hard time about it. This past year I started my collection in earnest though (before now everything I "owned" was really my dad's) and everytime I'm almost ready to buy but holding back because I don't want to spend the money I see what she bought and that justifies what I buy. I stopped giving her a hard time about all the crap she buys so she can't give me a hard time. Also, I do the banking so she knows of my Beretta that I got last January which was gun #1 of my collection but let's just say my collection is much bigger than one now. I tried to show her how it works if, God forbid, she ever needed to use it and I also wanted to take her to the range. She has no interest. That's something that'll have to be worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I know some wives, including my own, that don't have a problem with a gun in the house. The problem comes after the 10th gun, or the 20th, or 25...
    I wonder what would happen if she saw inside the safe that I bought... for just the Beretta... that doesn't even stay in there since it's in the pistol safe upstairs?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    +1 or motorcycles

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    +1 or motorcycles
    ^^^^^

That tends to be my problem too...

(Chester County)

My wife just saw my 3rd safe and I started to cringed on what was coming next and she just said "You'd just better finish painting that wall".
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast