Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Interesting Walmart Encounter

Easton/Naz on 248.

I was at the gun counter (there was oodles of ammo, OMG) when a customer commented "That's something I like to see" with regard to my siderm. Had a brief conversation with him and he mentioned a number of times it made him happy to see people carrying guns. He was from Virginia and said he lives out in the sticks where people OC. While I was making my purchase, one of the older ladies behind the counter joined the coversation and told him that OC is legal but you need a permit to conceal.

I've always liked the various employees at the gun counter at this Walmart. Nice people. But it was even more refreshing to hear an employee discussing carry in a knowledgable manner. I am going to assume they received training after ReconLDR got hassled there (not at the gun counter) and followed-up with Walmart. Or, maybe they are just good people.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Interesting Walmart Encounter

Sometimes you just run into decent people.
    Last time I went to Walmart in Tunkhannock Pa I OCed and as I was walking up to the sporting goods counter the man behind the counter noticed my gun. I asked where the clays were (I was in a huge hurry or Id have poked around) he just stared at me until I asked him again, then he just pointed. I paid for them at the counter. He never said a word but kept the stink eye going strong the whole time.

Give a quick word with to the manager the next time you stop in to compliment the manager on his employees.
    I bet it will get back to them, and might make their day.
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Easton/Naz on 248.

I was at the gun counter (there was oodles of ammo, OMG) when a customer commented "That's something I like to see" with regard to my siderm. Had a brief conversation with him and he mentioned a number of times it made him happy to see people carrying guns. He was from Virginia and said he lives out in the sticks where people OC. While I was making my purchase, one of the older ladies behind the counter joined the coversation and told him that OC is legal but you need a permit to conceal.

I've always liked the various employees at the gun counter at this Walmart. Nice people. But it was even more refreshing to hear an employee discussing carry in a knowledgable manner. I am going to assume they received training after ReconLDR got hassled there (not at the gun counter) and followed-up with Walmart. Or, maybe they are just good people.
    They must have had some training at that store since I had my encounter. I never officially received a letter from the DM, but she did say she would talk to the managers of the individual stores about OC and Pa laws.

Good story.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Lackawanna County)

That wall-eyed guy in the Tunk store is a little slow, but nice as hell...if it's the guy I'm thinking of. I OC there all the time...the last time I was in there, the older woman in the paint department told me that they had .45 AND .380...they did, and I got a couple hundred rounds of each!
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."