Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default "A jaw-dropping political miracle may be on the horizon."

We can only hope. And vote.

Michelle Malkin's lastest column analyzes the Jack Murtha/William Russell election battle for the House of Representatives.

A jaw-dropping political miracle may be on the horizon. No, I'm not talking about the second coming of the Obamessiah. I'm talking about the long-deserved comeuppance of troop-smearing, pork-feasting, scandal-tainted Democratic Rep. Jack Murtha of Pennsylvania.

The 18-term congressman's challenger, staunch conservative Republican newcomer William Russell, raised nearly $670,000 in the second fundraising quarter. Earmark king Murtha scraped together a measly $119,000. Russell's underdog campaign bested Murtha without the perks of incumbency, national name recognition, big PAC donations or mainstream media support.
    Visit William Russell's website here.
    FOAC * GOA * SAF * NRA Life Member

(Cambria County)

Default Re: "A jaw-dropping political miracle may be on the horizon."

Yay, another conservative bible-thumper, that's just sooooo much better than Murtha, let me tell you. Murtha is a lot of things, many of them aren't good, but if this is the direction a miracle heads in, count me out.

(Allegheny County)

looks good, I can do without all that "one man and one woman" crap, but Im not going to toss him out on one issue. Rep Metcalfe is big on that mariage stuff, and other than that he has been awesome. I went door to door with my family for him during the primaries. I will glady do the same for Mr. Russell.

(Philadelphia County)

I believe that we have the responsibility and obligation to control our borders and determine who is allowed to live and work in our country.
    Scary. Also a contradiction on his previous statement about 'individuals making better choices than the federal government".

I believe in the sanctity of life and that life begins at conception. I believe in marriage between one man and one woman...
    Very Scary.

I believe the Consumption or Fair Tax is the best and most equitable means to ensure all persons who participate in our economy, legally or illegally, pay their fair share...
    Scary Plus.

Finally, I believe there is room to acknowledge the role of our Creator in public life as stated in the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution.
    Uber-scary, double plus plus.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(York County)

very scary uber plus plus doober yabba dabba doo doo

(York County)

an oldie but a goodie...

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post

Quote:
    Finally, I believe there is room to acknowledge the role of our Creator in public life as stated in the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution.
    Uber-scary, double plus plus.
    That's kind of odd coming from someone who quotes TJ in his tag line.

Someone should start a thread as to whether or not we'd have the form of government we enjoy today, or even be an independent nation for that matter, if it weren't for the Christian values of those who attended the Convention in 1787 (FYI I'm not referring to the "Framers").

I'll certainly be IBTL.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    Someone should start a thread as to whether or not we'd have the form of government we enjoy today, or even be an independent nation for that matter, if it weren't for the Christian values of those who attended the Convention in 1787 (FYI I'm not referring to the "Framers").
    Oh dude, not this debate again! The founding fathers where not Christians, and those "Christian" values that this country is supposedly founded over are not Christian to begin with, but rather an amalgamation of different but shared beliefs from a whole plethora of religions.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    Oh dude, not this debate again! The founding fathers where not Christians, and those "Christian" values that this country is supposedly founded over are not Christian to begin with, but rather an amalgamation of different but shared beliefs from a whole plethora of religions.
    that's a nice 21st century answer...

only 27 of the 56 who signed the Constitution had seminary degrees (and I don't think they were majoring in Sports Marketing)...but to stay on track with the thread (and, listening to the Murtha ABSCAM video) i think its safe to say that G-D D-MNin' Jack Murtha was not one of them...
    Last edited by rev214; July 23rd, 2008 at 04:04 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    That's kind of odd coming from someone who quotes TJ in his tag line.

I'll certainly be IBTL.
    Thomas Jefferson wasn't at the ratifying convention. He was in France at the time. He most certainly was not a Christian.

The establishment clause of the First Amendment was intended to prevent federal intervention into the religious affairs of the states (and the people of the states, respectively). It was never intended to block the establishment of official state religions (or the lack of state religion, for that matter). It was only after the First Amendment was "incorporated" through the 14th amendment that federal courts started striking down state/local laws regarding religion.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast