Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Wolf 7.62 X 39 Ammo sale

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=110892

Although a far cry from 4 years ago when you could get 1000 rounds for $100, Sportsmans Guide has the HP 122 gr ammo in the Sardine can of 640 for sale for $115 ($109 if you are in their buyer's club). With the $10 off coupon (if on their mailing list, this comes every 3 months, at least) that's only $3.00 shipping.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Default Re: Wolf 7.62 X 39 Ammo sale

Don't get too excited...since the French bought SG...it seems that many of their products are out of stock. I've heard of customers that had to wait for months to get their order...or SG ended up saying that the price has increased...blah blah blah. SG used to be a good company years ago, but it has gone down hill, IMO.

(Philadelphia County)

The few cents you save by shopping at SG, are null by the time you have to wait because the item is out of stock (3months for a case of .45) and the incredible ammount of junk-mail and utter shit they'll send to your house.

I cancelled my SG subscription because they sold my name & address to anybody who would want it. It even scared me, because one day I get home, and I see a catalog for books that would show you how to do extreme illegal activities. I do not want that crap anywhere my mailbox.

A big thumbs down for SG.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    Don't get too excited...since the French bought SG...it seems that many of their products are out of stock. I've heard of customers that had to wait for months to get their order...or SG ended up saying that the price has increased...blah blah blah. SG used to be a good company years ago, but it has gone down hill, IMO.
    Thanks. I started to order it when I noticed at the last step it stated this; "Expected availability: July 16, 2007" So it must mean it's not in stock. I've heard horror stories about ordering stuff from SG that isn't in stock, think I'll hold off until it's in stock.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Bucks County)

Agreed. I cancelled for the same reason. Back when it was .10 delivered I had 50% luck of getting what I ordered. A few times they honored the price even after it increased but most times I got their famous Out of Stock / Order Cancelled email.

Anyways if any needs this ammo the price is good and it won't cost you anything but time to order. If it comes in a few weeks, great! If not, oh well. Most of my SG ammo buys were exactly the same. Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you.....
    Last edited by phillyd2; July 8th, 2007 at 11:26 AM.

(Lycoming County)

They did the same thing with Thompson L drums, took orders and around a year later still no deliveries.

Their web site reminds me more of a yard sale than a sporting goods dealer.
    Jack

(Berks County)

They have been slipping lately, but I still use them for a lot of stuff.

4 friends and I have split the "membership fee" and I am the order guy. With the 10% discount and the usual coupon code, you can save a bit. Granted, you have to be real fast, the last year or so the ammo goes REAL fast, by the time you get the catalog it is usually gone, so I keep an eye on the website and get the member e-mails.

Between the 4 of us making orders, it usually pays out.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Allegheny County)

Local Dunhams has it on sale @ $3.99/box.
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III