Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Taurus PT-145

(Cumberland County)

Question Taurus PT-145

Anyone have any experience with firing pin issues with Taurus PT-145 ? I have had mine for about 6 months, put about 100 rounds through it, and today, all of a sudden it stopped firing. From what I can see, the firing pin just isn't making it all the way and striking the bullet. I have stripped it down and cleaned it out, but no luck. Guess I have to send it back to Taurus, but thought I'd check here first.
    Thanks !

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Taurus PT-145

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Anyone have any experience with firing pin issues with Taurus PT-145 ? I have had mine for about 6 months, put about 100 rounds through it, and today, all of a sudden it stopped firing. From what I can see, the firing pin just isn't making it all the way and striking the bullet. I have stripped it down and cleaned it out, but no luck. Guess I have to send it back to Taurus, but thought I'd check here first.
    Thanks !
    try spraying some break free CLP in the firing pin hole and see if that helpsand push the button in fornt of the hammer a few times and spray some more see if that gets some of the containments out if that fails then send it back . Taurus has a lifetime warranty they can fix it but the problem is how long will it be till you get it back.... try the Break Free spray ...

I know this thread is kind of old but I just bought a brand new PT145 and it stopped firing after the first ten rounds. I brought it back to the gun shop and they said they have to send it out for repairs. This is a horrible first impression for my first Taurus handgun

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by svsu123 View Post
    I know this thread is kind of old but I just bought a brand new PT145 and it stopped firing after the first ten rounds. I brought it back to the gun shop and they said they have to send it out for repairs. This is a horrible first impression for my first Taurus handgun
    Yup, that's exactly what happened to me! That's why my pt-145 is the only gun in my collection I have ever sold! Couldn't trust/rely on it after that! Good luck with yours.

(Philadelphia County)

YUP,
    Mine quit around 1k rounds.Pull the trigger back and nothing happens,hold the trigger to the left and it will release the striker and fire.It's a real shame I really liked that little pistol.light,compact,10 rds.,light double action.I wish someone we could trust would build some thing similar.
    bw

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by bentwrench View Post
    YUP,
    Mine quit around 1k rounds.Pull the trigger back and nothing happens,hold the trigger to the left and it will release the striker and fire.It's a real shame I really liked that little pistol.light,compact,10 rds.,light double action.I wish someone we could trust would build some thing similar.
    bw
    Yup 2 times i tried to buy a PT 145 for the reasons you mentioned and My Gun dealer says "No i'm not selling YOU this gun"

Mike

(Lackawanna County)

One of my beat friends bought one brand new and it went about 10-12 rounds before it stopped shooting. It went back to Taurus and 4 weeks later he got it back. 10-12 rounds later it stopped shooting again. Back to Taurus, when it came back the second time it was traded in on a walther p99. This is why I would NEVER buy a Taurus auto! I have a nice revolver in 357 and never had any issues. But I also dont carry it.

I went through two PT-145s, different problems with both, but the same problem with Taurus customer service - lifetime warranty means it will take a lifetime to get them to honor it. I have owned several revolvers that never gave me trouble, but after all the grief with their CS people, I sold all my Taurus guns (at a huge loss, as their resale value stinks) and resolved never to buy another again.

(Delaware County)

I own a few of the mil. pros. If you get a good one, it will out live its owner. It seems to me that the 2nd generation weapons are the best in the lot. It is a shame, the gun and its dimensions is a great idea.

If you get a bad one, no amount of factory tinkering nor changin parts is going to make a difference. The gun will not be anything but a complicated paper weight. The same thing with the revolvers which have had less than a remarkable history.