Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default "We must all hang together, or most assuredly we will all hang separately."

Enough is enough. Now is the time to put aside ideological differences over single issues and make friends and allies instead of enemies. The Affordable Health Care for America Act passed not because of an "evil agenda," or deception; it passed because those who approved it were voted into office for their stances on divisive, hot-button issues; issues which are utilized to play the heartstrings of the public and split the nation into two seperate and diametrically opposed factions. Divide et impera. It holds just as true in social issues as it does in war.

Enough is enough. This is not the time for absolutism or pontification. The time has come for all to wake up and realise that firearms rights and same sex unions are not mutually exclusive. Nor are freedom of religion and decriminalising drug use. We as individuals have the liberty to lead by example and live by our own moral compass, and accept responsibility for improper actions which harm or infringe upon others. If you cannot respect the rights and choices of others no matter how much you disagree with them, then you cannot and should not expect others to respect yours. If you continue to disenfranchise your fellow man by dominating him through legislation, then you will perpetuate the eternal power struggle between the Democrats and Republicans and humanity will continue to suffer.

Enough is enough. The key to liberty is not in subjugating others before they can do the same to you. The key is to champion not only those freedoms which you hold dear, but also those of your fellow man, in addition to building friendships and alliances through our mutual love of liberty. Divide et impera. Know your enemy and his tactics. "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; every city or house divided against itself shall not stand." Don't allow yourselves to be divided; acknowledge your differences but work together to accomplish common goals. Focus on the wider canvas, not the smaller details you may disagree on. There's work to be done, and we'll iron out the minutae when the job is finished. "There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root." Strike the root, not the branches. Encourage others to do the same, and stand by those who are already doing as you are.

The time has come. Will you do what it takes and work together with others to champion liberty? Or will you waste your time and everyone else's by further dividing us? The choice is yours.

(Chester County)

Default Re: "We must all hang together, or most assuredly we will all hang separately."

Well put.

"The want of freedom is what unites us all"

Where do we go from here?

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: "We must all hang together, or most assuredly we will all hang separately."

Quote Originally Posted by buster2209 View Post
    Well put.

Thank you. I speak only for myself, but I think a good start would be educating others by showing them how divisive politics only benefit those in power, and for those who vote or are willing to, casting votes for principled statesmen that respect liberty and individual choice over single issues and advocating a nanny state.

(York County)

That's too big to use as my new sig.

I like that, Very well said. Rep inbound.

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by CapnOfMyFate View Post
    Thank you. I speak only for myself, but I think a good start would be educating others by showing them how divisive politics only benefit those in power, and for those who vote or are willing to, casting votes for principled statesmen that respect liberty and individual choice over single issues and advocating a nanny state.
    Again, agreed. I only refer to the big two as Republicrats and advocate that if anyone votes for someone, look at there voting record and ignore what falls out of there mouths.

The main split (as far as I can see) on this forum is the war in the middle east. The one thing though that the pro-war/anti-war people do agree on is making America safer, we just differ on how.

The Campaign For Liberty is an excellent tool plus we have some (seemingly) good people in this state running for office; Rohrer and Towne for example. I think the tide is beginning to shift towards freedom from the people but the morons in DC haven't seen it yet.

Using the ammo box to effect change should be sidelined indefinitely. IF, and I mean IF, we ever got into a shooting war, we have to let the Feds shoot first. We need to have the moral high ground.

Just my two cents.

(Lackawanna County)

Again, agreed. I only refer to the big two as Republicrats and advocate that if anyone votes for someone, look at there voting record and ignore what falls out of there mouths.

The main split (as far as I can see) on this forum is the war in the middle east. The one thing though that the pro-war/anti-war people do agree on is making America safer, we just differ on how.

The Campaign For Liberty is an excellent tool plus we have some (seemingly) good people in this state running for office; Rohrer and Towne for example. I think the tide is beginning to shift towards freedom from the people but the morons in DC haven't seen it yet.

Using the ammo box to effect change should be sidelined indefinitely. IF, and I mean IF, we ever got into a shooting war, we have to let the Feds shoot first. We need to have the moral high ground.

Just my two cents.
    It's nice to see that I'm not alone in how I regard the current political climate of America and in how I feel about these things. I hope that, at least in time, we will be able to reach an amicable compromise that will allay the concerns of both those who are for and against the war in the Middle East and Afghanistan.

Rohrer seems increasingly palatable as a candidate for the PA governorship. We the people need to send a message to Washington D.C. in the House and Senate elections that we will no longer be taken for fools and not waste our votes on single issue candidates and career politicians. If we aren't allowed to cast our vote for someone who respects our choices and liberty and be taken seriously, then we will not play the "lesser of two evils" game and vote for someone the Republican or Democratic party forces upon us regardless of how "qualified" they are. We're going to vote for who we want, not who the party thinks we should vote for.

There are things which I will undoubtedly disagree with others on, but I will work with anyone that wants to champion liberty for all.

(Allegheny County)

Well put.

And the continual want of being freeloaders is what unites them.

(Butler County)

Rohrer is neoconservative in a libertarian's jacket--he won't be getting my vote.
    He's really not even for liberty in some cases: he voted for the smoking ban every time.

Towne looks like he may truly be a believer in liberty. Time will tell.

(Chester County)

calm down PLYD, im a smoker....im still pissed about that shit...but there are bigger issues than smoking in public buildings................IM STILL PISSED ABOUT IT THOUGH

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by CapnOfMyFate View Post
    Enough is enough. Now is the time to put aside ideological differences over single issues and make friends and allies instead of enemies. The Affordable Health Care for America Act passed not because of an "evil agenda," or deception; it passed because those who approved it were voted into office for their stances on divisive, hot-button issues; issues which are utilized to play the heartstrings of the public and split the nation into two seperate and diametrically opposed factions. Divide et impera. It holds just as true in social issues as it does in war.

Enough is enough. This is not the time for absolutism or pontification. The time has come for all to wake up and realise that firearms rights and same sex unions are not mutually exclusive. Nor are freedom of religion and decriminalising drug use. We as individuals have the liberty to lead by example and live by our own moral compass, and accept responsibility for improper actions which harm or infringe upon others. If you cannot respect the rights and choices of others no matter how much you disagree with them, then you cannot and should not expect others to respect yours. If you continue to disenfranchise your fellow man by dominating him through legislation, then you will perpetuate the eternal power struggle between the Democrats and Republicans and humanity will continue to suffer.

Enough is enough. The key to liberty is not in subjugating others before they can do the same to you. The key is to champion not only those freedoms which you hold dear, but also those of your fellow man, in addition to building friendships and alliances through our mutual love of liberty. Divide et impera. Know your enemy and his tactics. "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; every city or house divided against itself shall not stand." Don't allow yourselves to be divided; acknowledge your differences but work together to accomplish common goals. Focus on the wider canvas, not the smaller details you may disagree on. There's work to be done, and we'll iron out the minutae when the job is finished. "There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root." Strike the root, not the branches. Encourage others to do the same, and stand by those who are already doing as you are.

The time has come. Will you do what it takes and work together with others to champion liberty? Or will you waste your time and everyone else's by further dividing us? The choice is yours.
    Rep sent, but, there is always a but,the tipping point for the citizens of this country to unite has yet to be reached,for that to happen the governing body of this state or this country will have to do something so shocking or outrages as to make the people forget their petty differences and speak as one,ENOUGH IS ENOUGH,untill then,it's business as usual.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast