Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default "It's The Law" - More stupid people (yes it's another rant)

It's been the "week from hell" over here but today just put the icing on the cake.

We decided to go up to Dickson City to check out the new gun show and I should have known better. Just the "odd smell" in the air once we drove across the city line should have told me to turn around because some asshat was going to piss me off ... but NOOOOOO I didn't listen to myself.

So we get to the show, walk in, pay our $14 to get in and then of course get the old "If you have guns they have to be banded" ... yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah. Across the door we go, Tootie had already cleared the Glock and she handed it to me. The guy puts out his hand for it and I say "I'll do it".

I do this because most of these morons zip the gun with the connector on the side and the damn thing will not fit into the Desantis holster that way. I have said and done this at every damn show I can think of and never had problem one.

So the guy looks at me and says "I HAVE to do it", I'm like "what?" and he repeats himself, "I HAVE to do it". Ok, we have a power trip person here that thinks he knows how to band a gun better than the owner so I hand him the Glock and tell him the connector has to be right in front of the barrel or it wont fit back into the holster ... what's the asshole do? Sure as shit he feeds it into the chamber the wrong way. I stop him and repeat, "It will NOT fit into the holster like that, feed it the other way". He pulls it out and then starts fiddle fucking around to the point I take it away from him and finish it myself... I swear this guy has never touched a gun before in his life.

So then to the Kimber ... locked open I hold it (idiot isn't touching my freaking Kimber) and he feeds the zip tie into the barrel but the ties they had are too short for a 5" barrel so he asks me to close it ... which I do and then he begins fiddle fucking around attempting to get the zip tie attached, still too short.

He let's go and says to me (punch line alert) "Well just leave it hanging there like that, as long as they see they white it will be ok, has to be there it's the law"

So now I have a zip tie hanging out the barrel and the back of the side, yeah that'll do the trick!

Now on any other given day, with someone that hadn't already aggravated the shit out of me I would have said something like "Excuse me, what law would that be" but I had had enough of this bumbling idiot so I shook my head and walked away, got three feet away from him and looked at Tootie and said "It's the law" to which she burst out laughing.

I swear the stupid, uninformed are taking over the planet ... and they are infiltrating the gun 'crowd'.

And if the promoter just happens to be reading this? Add another show to the "why fucking bother" list .... between your 3' wide aisles and your law ignorant workers I'll not be back .... I'll stick with Joel and Eagle Arms, at least his people have a clue.
    Last edited by dc dalton; November 7th, 2009 at 01:30 PM.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: "It's The Law" - More stupid people (yes it's another rant)

Concealed is concealed... lol
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Monroe County)

"It's the law" to which she burst out laughing.
    And the ride home was just as fun. I can't tell you the amount of times I heard him say "It's the law" in his most sarcastic voice.

(York County)

You're a dick.

You know... maybe if you would just GET A HAIRCUT and try to look respectable...

...oh, wait

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

I don't mind the 3' wide aisles if there are actually guns present. I haven't been to a gun show in years because I got tired of 5 tables of jerky and nazi crap to every gun table.

(Montgomery County)

You cannot expect much from an education system that teaches NOTHING about law to any citizen unless they specifically seek it out. Couple that with the fact that there are tens possibly hundreds of thousands of statutes on the books between all of the 50 states and on the Federal level and you have what we have here.

The only statement worse then "It's the law" is my fucking favorite "there ought to be a law." Which I heard most recently on the radio when a pundit was commenting on how A-Rod of the Yankees makes more in salary then the entire Pittsburgh Pirates. To anyone that says, "there ought to be a law" I believe there ought to be a really special cancer for them.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

I'm sitting here, waiting for my wife, chomping at the bit because I have not been to a gun show in quite a while and you're telling me this one sucks?

I've come to the conclusion that a lot of people genuinely believe that "the law" is like "social custom", in the sense that it's just a consensus of opinion.

Certainly, too many cops think that way, which is why a lot of Philadelphia cops (including the Commissioner) believe that "the way we do things here" supersedes mere statutes and court rulings. That's why the Dickson City Kops and other Barneys huddle together and mill around like puppies gathering courage to chase a cat, and they brainstorm about what the law is, instead of pulling a copy of the PA Crimes Code and READING what the law is.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by granuale View Post
    I don't mind the 3' wide aisles if there are actually guns present. I haven't been to a gun show in years because I got tired of 5 tables of jerky and nazi crap to every gun table.
    BUSINESS IDEA!!!!!!!!!

NAZI JERKY!!!!!

Think about it...."delicious twisted crosses!!!"

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Now on any other given day, with someone that hadn't already aggravated the shit out of me I would have said something like "Excuse me, what law would that be" but I had had enough of this bumbling idiot so I shook my head and walked away, got three feet away from him and looked at Tootie and said "It's the law" to which she burst out laughing.
    I too like to ask folks "what law is that" in those situations. But as you said, after all that and not wanting to be deprived of ny more of your time over someone who is likely not ever going to understand anyway I probably would have instead just corrected him and went on.
    "There is no such law, it's a policy of the show promoter".

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast