Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default New Jersey Art Project - 5 years ago

We've all read the article about the kid who bit into his cheese sandwich and to the lunch-time proctor, it appeared to resemble a semi-automatic handgun, with tritium night sights, bull barrel, accessory rail, speed shoot, ambi safety, etc.

Must have been an expensive cheese sandwich...

So, for Easter, we cleared the back-up ammo out of our glove compartment, removed the loaded mags from the one-push overhead compartments, pulled out the extra ammo cans in the back of our vehicle, searched the rest of the vehicle in a good-faith effort to pick up miscellaneous pieces of empty brass that may have followed us home from the range, and checked to be sure my driver's license, insurance registration, etc. were all within reach without asking:

"They're in the glove box. Do I have your permission to reach over and obtain these records?"

There's an Easter egg hunt going on here for the nieces and nephews and we're all having a grand time, especially after a fabulous 10:30 a.m. brunch where we just ate ourselves silly with stuff we couldn't catch, couldn't cook, etc.

As I paused to catch my breath upon returning to the kids' home, I wondered what this item was nestled up against the fireplace.

HOLY SH!T.

It was a 7th grade art project in NJ! From around five years ago. Beautifully hand-crafted, from PVC, generic orange Day-Glo paint, authentically crushed target clays, custom plywood hand grip. Probably not safe for viewing at work.

Ooops, too late. Sorry about that...

I have no idea what this would be worth, but for folks who routinely buy and sell stuff on relevant PAFOA site, any idea of today's value? As far as the provenance goes, it's from NJ, it's an art project, received an "A" grade (7th grade),and is almost FIVE years old.

So, here's my nephew's art project....for which he received an "A".

All I can say is what a difference 5 years makes. These days, the kid could have gone to jail!
    - bamboomaster

(Washington County)

Default Re: New Jersey Art Project - 5 years ago

Now that is some art I can enjoy.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Delaware County)

Default Re: New Jersey Art Project - 5 years ago

In NJ I am suprised the parents haven't been jailed or executed for allowing such a dangerous device to be in the hands of a child. We saw what happened when a father gave his child a fully-automatic, battlefield ready, weapon of war, assault .22 rifle.