Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Jersey LEO redfaced

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...D=200990303108

OCEAN TOWNSHIP — A bullet ricocheted off frozen pavement and broke a home's window Saturday night after a police officer euthanized a deer that had been struck by a car, police said.
    Advertisement

No one was hurt by the shot that was fired by Officer Alon Bercovicz just before 11 p.m, Lt. Steven R. Peters said in a statement Tuesday. Bercovicz was dispatched to the area after a caller reported that the injured animal was blocking traffic along Whalepond Road near Deal Road, police said.

In accordance with county and department policy, Bercovicz shot the severely wounded deer, however one of the bullets fired deflected off the roadway after penetrating the animal and broke the outer pane of a dual-paned window of a nearby residence on Ross Court.

A review of the shooting by the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Officer revealed that all county and state policies were followed by Bercovicz, police said. As a precaution, police administrators are now reviewing those policies to prevent future mishaps, though no other ricochets related to deer euthanization have happened in the past, Peters said.
    No quotes from the homeowner? Lawsuit in the works perhaps.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Jersey LEO redfaced

No one was hurt. The township will repair any damages, and that'll be the end of it. What's the big deal exactly? What lawsuit? Why do people want to sue everyone right away these days?

(Schuylkill County)

We are talking about New Jersey. If someone sees a payday and a gun was involved, I am sure they can find a jury who will award 6 figures. I am not saying its right but that's how people think.

(Franklin County)

Rule #4...
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(York County)

sounds like the New Jersey LEO aren't allowed to carry hollowpoints either.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Rule #4...
    +1...ten characters
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Lancaster County)

Sounds like they need to buy better ammo, or work on sight picture...LOL

"Bullet ricocheted AFTER passing through the deer..! "

I bet there wasn't a single particle of deer on that bullet..
    He was one of God’s own prototypes—a high-powered mutant of some kind who was never even considered for mass production. He was too weird to live and too rare to die....

(Pike County)

For a short stroy, years ago I was working security at a plant in NJ. We had a tennant on the site hit a deer on site, and broke several of it's legs. I called the local PD, who sent an officer. He was packing a HK P7M8 9mm.
    The deer is laying in the paved road.
    The officer opens up on the deer from about 10 yards, and just about put a ricochet into my car, which is sitting in the road with it's flashers on to stop traffic from hitting the deer again.
    9mm's where flying all over. I screamed at the officer to stop firing, and told him if he could not hit the dam deer give me the f'in gun and I would do it.
    Finally, he walks up to the deer and shoots it in the head, on the 6th shot.
    Only God knows where those shots ended up.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Holy shit, how hard is it to frickin shoot a deer in the head? Hell shoot it in the heart if you need more mass for the bullet so it doesn't exit. Of course most cops aren't hunters and wouldn't know where a deer's heart is located, but a brain hit should be easy enough to figure out, and you only need 1 shot. I've heard of head shot deer convulsing sometimes, well educate officers that they may be called to shoot a wounded animal and that some animals may kick around like this and that they don't need to empty a mag into its head. I know one idiot( not a cop) at another forum who was going on about a car hit wounded raccoon he had to shoot 7 times in the head with a .45. I swear that the week before there was a thread on hunting in which I had discussed head shot raccoons and their thrashing, and this guy was on there reading it.

And for the one cop to stand 10 yards away- WTF? Approach the animal slowly and quietly and watch for thrashing, and get up close to it and shoot it, right down into the ear is best. I guess these guys would wet their panties if they got close to a trapped bobcat, all the jumping, growling and hissing they do. Heck a trapped possum would probably scare them LMAO. ( btw I can get to 8 feet from a skunk without wetting myself, and still kill it without it spraying)

-XD40expertonheadshotsandmoremanlythansomecopsCoyot e
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    Holy shit, how hard is it to frickin shoot a deer in the head?
    Must be pretty hard for LEO's, two years ago I struck a deer on rt72S @ the turnpike. Busted the front shoulder, the deer was trying to jackrabbit around and causing commotion. Since, by law I am not allowed to dispatch the deer, I had to call police. They sent out PSP, two cars. I guess he needed the back up, afterall the deer was non conforming! Well the tropper had to call in to get permission to finish off the deer, after a few radio calls he told me to "stand back" ....BANG.....(deer still bucking) BANG....Still jerking violently...BANG...Nope, still able to move....BANG....Must've missed that one....BANG....BANG.....BANG....BANG....BANG....Da mn, this things tough!!!(HIS WORDS) BANG....BANG....BANG....BANG WTF(again...HIS WORDS) at this time there are about 4 people stopped to watch this horror show...Finally, this LEO chick gets out with her shotgun...A guy a work with had been watching and was standing by me...He offered to go up and actually kill this deer....the deer did let out its ghost and I ended up taking the body home... All in all I found two shots in this deer one in the nose and the last one , in the chest and through the pump! This PSP just about emptied his service weapon into a deer from 5 yds.....As he helped me load the deer in the truck, I mentioned to him about hitting the range...He laughed and blamed the deer for being so tough......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast