Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Adams County)

Default Did not submit challenge form after getting delayed, what now?

In March I tried to purchase a firearm from a friend and when the shop ran my background check it came back undetermined. I was given a challenge form and I know the reason why (charge from military) and have the paperwork from it, however I was in the process of moving to Alaska and never mailed in the form. So now my question is how do I go about getting it cleared up? I don't want to have to attempt to purchase another firearm and inconvenience a dealer or potentially break any laws. I've researched about PICS and know that it's suppose to be sent in within 30 days but offers no guidance after that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Did not submit challenge form after getting delayed, what now?

There's a myth spread by the ignorant, that failing to challenge a denial (or undetermined) will somehow cement that "ruling" and you lose rights.

Stupid, stupid people.

In fact, what I see is that sending in the Challenge Form when you don't know your status for sure, INCREASES the odds that you will be criminally prosecuted, not just for the false statement to the FFL, but also for the false statement on the Challenge Form.

For anyone other than the pure-vanilla sort who never, ever had any unpleasant encounter anywhere, we offer a "due diligence" check, where we walk you through the possible issues and recommend whatever options exist. Cost is significantly less than your basic criminal defense.

It's not just "felony" convictions, it's not even limited to "criminal convictions". There are dozens of potential issues, you're smart not to just gamble with your future.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Did not submit challenge form after getting delayed, what now?

Write Trump's 2nd Amendment Coalition after it gets rolling. Maybe they'll take an interest in some of these violations of our constitutional rights.