Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Toy :-)

(Cumberland County)

Default New Toy :-)

Hey all

Just wanted to post a quick pic of my new toy: Ruger GP-100 6" SS with the half-lug. Found it "Used" at Kahlers gun shop today. After showing interest, the guy offered it to me for $390 OTD. I couldn't resist

This is my first revolver other than a POS taurus 85UL that I got in a trade. Needless to say, it didn't stay in the fold very long (2 weeks actually).

Anyway, here she is. Any recommendations on places to get fairly cheap .357 ammo? Reloading is being started but I want some ammo to play with until I get the process down.

The Beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: New Toy :-)

Nice looking gun! I'm only into Ruger's Single Action offerings and prefer Smith's for DA revolvers, but the GP100's are tanks.

You can get .357 for about $20 a box at gun shows. I think you can also get a box at Wal-Mart for about $21-22. Haven't seen anything cheaper than that.

(Delaware County)

Very nice revolver. Let us know how it shoots when you get to a range.

(Luzerne County)

Nice find. I also have one.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Montgomery County)

Good deal, and a beautiful gun. I have one as well, and am glad I also chose it as my first revolver. Good luck with it!
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Northampton County)

Damn, that's a nice looking .357.

(Philadelphia County)

WOW, that's a beautiful! I wen to a gun shop yesterday, and the supply of revolvers was very low.

I just bought a new one as well, took it out and tore up some bowling pins. Great revolver....Heavy, loud, and shiny!

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Re: New Toy :-)

nice looking ruger, i got a blue one, very acurate IMHO, killed quite a few deer with it.

(Cumberland County)

thanks everyone. I was going to wait because I could only find one box of federal ammo at Walmart and none of the other ones within 50 miles carry the $21 federal magnums.

I did go into the back yard and blast a few cylinders into a 6 pack of skunked brewskies. BOOYAH. It was awesome. I have never shot a handgun that I could hit a bottle at 50+ yards until today.

Dont get me wrong... I Love my 1911 and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. But I will definitely be shooting the Ruger more for now.

One quick questions though to all you guys who have them: Does the cartridge in the hole nearest the thumb always rattle a little back and forth due to the cut in the frame for the swing out cylinder???

As I said, it shot flawlessly. I just wondered whether this was normal or if I should get it fixed eventually. Timing is still perfect, but IDK..

Thanks in advance.
    The Beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast