Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default which pistol to buy

i need something in the 400 to 550 range in 9mm for ccw ime thinking of some glock sig xd or taurus suggestions?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: which pistol to buy

S&W M&P. Either the full size or the compact. Whatever fits your needs. That's my vote.

(Philadelphia County)

Glock 19 or 26.

Yeah, lots of choices there. I would probably go with a G26 for my first choice. SA XD9 would be a close second. Go to a gun shop and fondle the ones you are most interested in. Like Feddog said, whatever fits your needs.
    When seconds count, the police are usually just minutes away...

Glock 19, that's all you need to know.
    Bazinga

(Monroe County)

if you can find a Sig in that price range, id take it. i had gotten mine for $425 for a P226 9mm. it was well worth it, if not more.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by rovert97 View Post
    if you can find a Sig in that price range, id take it. i had gotten mine for $425 for a P226 9mm. it was well worth it, if not more.
    I agree with the Sig. I carry a P239 and it's by far the most comfortable and accurate carry pistol I've used. I actually just got rid of my G26 to get another Sig. Overall, you just have to find what feels the best for you.

(Allegheny County)

I would go with a XD or XDM they are great guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Feddog82 View Post
    S&W M&P. Either the full size or the compact. Whatever fits your needs. That's my vote.
    I wouldn't buy any S&W guns they are antis

from here

Smith & Wesson

NOTE: THE NEW OWNERS HAVE DONE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO FIX THE EGREGIOUS AGREEMENT THE PREVIOUS OWNERS SIGNED WITH THE CLINTON ADMINISTRATION. OUR CALL FOR A BOYCOTT OF SMITH & WESSON STILL STANDS!

The Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. is calling for all supporters of the Second Amendment to vote with their pocket books, and refuse to purchase any products from Smith & Wesson. This boycott is the only viable course of action against a corporate management which has agreed with the Clinton administration to impose regulations on the American people which they could not get from our elected representatives. Smith & Wesson has agreed to impose on its dealers requirements that they not sell guns at gun shows when private sales occur without a background check, even though such sales would otherwise be lawful. Further, each sale of Smith & Wesson firearms must include a written certification that the purchaser has obtained training in the safe handling and storage of firearms.

A more important issue is that guns cannot be transferred as allowed under the Brady Law if the background check is not completed in the legally allowed time. One must wait for the background check to be complete, even if it is dragged out for months. Remember how the National Instant Check System was down for days on the weekend of the so called "Million Mom March?"

The sale of Smith & Wesson to a US based company is irrelevant to the issue. Neither the old company (Tompkins), nor the new company (then called Saf-T-Hammer), have done anything to void the March 17, 2000 agreement. At the February 2002 S. H. O. T. Show in Las Vegas, then Smith & Wesson President, Bob Scott, admitted to me and another activist, that the agreement is still in place, and if we get a new US President, it could immediately be enforced. Please look at the agreement to remind yourself as to how egregious is at:

http://www.hud.gov/library/bookshelf.../gunagree.html

The agreement contains nearly all of the items on the gun haters wish list. Please look at the web page. If it doesn't make you angry, you are not a supporter of the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. On principle, we oppose those who would ban Smith & Wesson's new gun, or any other gun. However, we hope no supporter of our gun rights will support Smith & Wesson by purchasing it, or any other of their guns, until they void the HUD agreement.

Let's be clear; Smith & Wesson cannot be allowed to hide behind the notion that we are better off that it is owned by a US company, than an UK company. So far, both companies are exactly the same; they both are supportive of the agreement they made with Clinton's HUD.

Related Links:
    http://www.gunowners.org/a03210 0.htm
    http://www.ustreas.g ov/press/releases/ls551.htm
    http://www.lnei lsmith.com/smithandwessonmustdie.html
    http://www.actioname rica.org/guns/swbetray.html
    http://hunting. about.com/library/weekly/aa010515.htm
    GRPC Resolution Concerning Smith & Wesson
    "Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'" -unknown

(Berks County)

Since you're looking for a concealed carry gun, you need to think about how you dress and how large a gun you can conceal. A G26 would probably be perfect. If you wear loose/untucked shirts, a G19.

(Schuylkill County)

Glock 19 9mm cant go wrong for that price range.
    you might want to look at Fn also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast