Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Has anyone seen this movie? Everyone if they could go back in time they'd kill hitler. I'm fairly certain that in all of my watching of holocaust stories I'd want to set up with some modern day gear and kick some ass at the concentration camp...hard movie to watch.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Excellent movie but it certainly leaves you feeling sick at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Excellent movie but it certainly leaves you feeling sick at the end.
    Unfortunately most of the people I've talked to have the sick feeling for the wrong reasons. They always comment about the German boy...and I'm left wondering "what about the Jews?"

(Monroe County)

It`s almost inconceivable that they could treat a whole group of people like they were animals. How do you dehumanize a group that did nothing like that? Gave me the same sick feeling as when I watched the The Passion of the Christ.

It`s almost inconceivable that they could treat a whole group of people like they were animals. How do you dehumanize a group that did nothing like that? Gave me the same sick feeling as when I watched the The Passion of the Christ.
    Even more on top of that, the way they were trying to brainwash the children, and the false vids they were showing to other officers...sickening.

It's a good movie, certainly disturbing. It really makes you think about the mindset of the people who involved at the time period, but also consider the extreme use of propaganda that was utilized by the Nazis.

On another forum that I browse, a teacher (from PA) who is working on her Ph. D. in Holocaust Studies took a Holocaust tour this past summer in Europe. It's a long thread to read but if you have an interest in the time period (I do, WWII is my favorite subject to study) it is definitely worth the read.

Three Weeks In Poland & Israel for a Holocaust Study Tour.

~ Derek
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9206&dateline=1225911  268

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post

On another forum that I browse, a teacher (from PA) who is working on her Ph. D. in Holocaust Studies took a Holocaust tour this past summer in Europe. It's a long thread to read but if you have an interest in the time period (I do, WWII is my favorite subject to study) it is definitely worth the read.

Three Weeks In Poland & Israel for a Holocaust Study Tour.

~ Derek
    If she ever does a presentation in the Lehigh Valley post it or PM me.
    You study WW2? There is a Battle of the Bulge survivors meeting every month in Walnutport. Those guys have some incredible stories.

If she ever does a presentation in the Lehigh Valley post it or PM me.
    You study WW2? There is a Battle of the Bulge survivors meeting every month in Walnutport. Those guys have some incredible stories.
    I'm a Secondary Social Studies Education Major with a concentration in History (if I ever graduate, but that's another story). My personal education usually focuses on WWII. I will keep my eyes open for you and let you know.

I would like to attend things like that but my current schedule (work and school) keeps me tied up.

~ Derek
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9206&dateline=1225911  268

(Monroe County)

It defiantly leaves you feeling bad, and then you feel worse because your felt bad for someone other than the Jewish people. Good movie non the less.