Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Moving to Florida

I'm sure some of you have made the move from Pa to Fl. What's the process to get carry license there. I have ltcf here in Pa. Any training bullshit required?
    If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice

Default Re: Moving to Florida

You like the heat? I was told the other day that the northern tip of fl is a lot less obscene than the south.
    FJB

I believe you need to take a safety class unless you're a vet in which case it's waved.

This website will have the particulars...

https://www.handgunlaw.us/states/florida.pdf

(Schuylkill County)

Florida no longer requires a license to carry concealed. You would need one to wave the three day wait period for buying or to have reciprocity in another state.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Isn't Defender in Florida?

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    You like the heat? I was told the other day that the northern tip of fl is a lot less obscene than the south.
    I vacationed in Fort Walton Beach (Florida panhandle) back in 2011. I learned quickly to not run in the afternoon. The humidity was still "shirt ringing" intense!

My Step-son who has resided in Southwest Florida for 24 years has sold his house recently and moved to the border of S C & N C. Said the heat was getting to him ? I said it still gets hot to where he is moving and although it is rural 1 hour from Myrtle Beach, and cockroaches are the size of kittens, I just don't get the move.

(Berks County)

I used to think it was hot here but then I went to TX, Atlanta, Myrtle Beach and Baton Rouge. Never been to FL in the summer but my snow bird relatives reported that it got too hot for tomatoes to produce in the heart of the summer. Additionally, all of their cars don't have their windows dark tinted for no reason.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Longneck (Formerly Northern Lancaster County), Delaware

Because of the heat and the threat of afternoon thunderstorms, the Daytona July race used to start at 10:00 AM and the garage opened at 5:00 AM. I was sitting in the garage area doing nothing more than gluing on lug nuts and the sweat was just pouring off of me. At 5:00 AM the temp was 100 degrees.

That weekend the windshield wipers on my motorhome melted fast to the windshield. When I arrived in Daytona I filled the 50 gallon gas tank. I ran the roof AC 24/7 the whole time I was there. When I packed up to leave the gas gauge was down to less than a quarter. Driving down the street I saw more than a few people get out of their cars and literally run into the house.

I would never ever live in FL in the summer.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Here4now View Post
    Because of the heat and the threat of afternoon thunderstorms, the Daytona July race used to start at 10:00 AM and the garage opened at 5:00 AM. I was sitting in the garage area doing nothing more than gluing on lug nuts and the sweat was just pouring off of me. At 5:00 AM the temp was 100 degrees.

That weekend the windshield wipers on my motorhome melted fast to the windshield. When I arrived in Daytona I filled the 50 gallon gas tank. I ran the roof AC 24/7 the whole time I was there. When I packed up to leave the gas gauge was down to less than a quarter. Driving down the street I saw more than a few people get out of their cars and literally run into the house.

I would never ever live in FL in the summer.
    I get that Florida has a favorable legal and tax environment, but this! I've only been there a couple times, Orlando. Once in late November and it was barely bearable. Next time in July. Mid to upper 90's and 90+% humidity. I swore I would never move there.

During the second trip, we stopped to visit relatives outside of Jacksonville for a couple days. Better, but still not desirable. PA summers are bad enough.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast