Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Looking to get back into gameing

I used to be a "gamer" until my Son was born and then I had no time to do it so I sold my Xbox 360. Now that my job is slow(crappy economy) and my son goes to daycare with my Wife(She's the director) I find my self itching to buy another system. That and the fact a new Starwars game is coming out in Sept. So here is my question PS3,Wii or another Xbox 360. What do you guys play and love and why? As always thanks for the info in advance!
    In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Looking to get back into gameing

Get a PS3. It's been outselling the xbox since last year, its got more exclusive AAA titles than xbox coming out, plus its a blu-ray player. If you got a 1080p television/monitor then you'll really get the most out of it.

The wii is fun, I haven't been particularly impressed by it though, buy it if you want to play with your wife and son.

Buy an xbox if you absolutely, positively, simply must, have got to play Halo. Or if you want to hear little 12 year old pricks yelling obscenities on their microphones while you play games.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Delaware County)

Yeah, the PS3 is on the top of my list...my original XBOX 360 crapped out and I had to send it back for a replacement. I do have a Dell 1080P LCD TV that I loved playing Battlefield 2 Modern Combat on... the picture was phenomenal! Thanks for the info, I'll keep you posted.

lordiego basically said it, since the PS3 is also a blu-ray player and blu-ray is now the winner in the hi-def dvd race thats the way to go, 100% no questions asked. wii is good for parties and such, drunks go nuts over it but besides that my wii has never been on

Or you could just upgrade your computer. As for it, it depends on what games you plan on playing. FPS and RTS? Go with a PC. Party game? Go with a Wii. Want DLC for GTAIV? Xbox 360.

For me, I can't do without my PC. I've got a pretty sweet rig right now, and I'll be able to play everything new for the next couple years with no upgrades. And a 360 for Guitar Hero, Halo, and GTA.

This pretty much sums it up:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...lechartyr2.jpg
    Last edited by Geol22; April 24th, 2008 at 08:53 PM. Reason: added link
    “War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.” - John Stuart Mill

(Delaware County)

Ok after much discussion with the Wife we bought a Wii and are having a blast with it. I'm also looking to upgrade my graphics card on my PC. So far I've only hit the ceiling fan twice with the Wii remote.

(York County)

I was a long time PS player tol I got hooked on Halo. Now I love my XBOX, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six games are awesome. Vegas and Vegas II kick ass. But my mother in law has a wii and all the kids love it, so buy both. It'll run you the same as buying a PS3.

Dave
    3%

(Monroe County)

I have xbox 360 and a wii. I like them both and you cant play halo on a ps3 get an xbox

(Lehigh County)

I would say to get the PS3 for the fact of the bluray player also. The player is actually one of the better ones also so it pays for itself.

(Wayne County)

PS3 is a wise choice. I was out of the "gaming loop" for a while. Got my nice 1080p flat screen and figured I might as well get a Blu-ray player. This was when the war was still on with HD Dvd. I knew Blu would win in the long run. Sony was smart with having a built-in BD player in their system. Whereas the Xbox required you to buy an additional add-on for the HD player. After the price drop to $400 it became the best deal out there. Hence why Sony has outsold XBox consoles this past year.

So I picked up a ps3...not intending to play games..but what the heck? I heard about Call of Duty 4...and it blew me away with the realism of the game. It's like you're in the fight. The on-line experience is great too and it's free! X-box charges you to go online. Metal Gear Solid is coming out in July....just another reason to get excited. The new GTA4 is out as well. I've got a nice collection of Blu-ray's ...it's a wise investment. And the picture quality is outstanding. Don't forget your HDMI cables!

Note: I've also got a Wii...but it hasn't seen the light of day since i picked up my ps3. Why?? Graphics are blah...and it doesn't support HD. Not to mention when i use it, my dog attacks me while I'm swinging that remote around.
    Last edited by SFMarine; May 18th, 2008 at 10:30 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast