Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

Default Buffalo Man Who Launched TV Network to Show Muslims in Positive Light Arrested.....

....for Beheading His Wife

http://bit.ly/14ONcN

Buffalo Man Who Launched TV Network to Show Muslims in Positive Light Arrested -- for Beheading His Wife

By Greg Mitchell

Published: February 13, 2009 2:20 PM ET
    NEW YORK A prominent Buffalo area businessman who founded the BridgesTV network to improve the image of Muslims in the U.S. has been arrested and charged with murdering his estranged wife – by beheading her at his company’s office in Orchard Park, N.Y., on Thursday.

Police have charged the husband, Muzzammil Hassan, 44, with second-degree murder in the death of Aasiya Z. Hassan, 37.

In its logo, BridgesTV boasts of “connecting people through understanding” via its dish network available in several states. Its Web site quotes comments about the company by Jay Leno, Brian Williams and others, plus a screen shot of a CNBC interview with Hassan conducted by Maria Bartiromo.

The site also shows a picture of Hassan with his slain wife, described as playing “an instrumental role in the creation of Bridges TV since she came up with the idea for the network.” The alleged killer is called “Mo S. Hassan” at the web site.

NPR's "All Things Considered" profiled the Hassans in 2004. The segment opened, "A new cable network for Muslim-Americans is up and running in Detroit. Bridges TV says it wants to inform and entertain Muslims and, at the same time, give viewers who aren't Muslims a glimpse into their culture ...

"Mo Hassan was traveling from Buffalo to Detroit a few weeks after the September 11th terrorist attacks when his wife came up with the idea for the new network. They were in the car listening to the radio when they heard some derogatory remarks about Muslims."

Programs include kids shows, "American Muslim Teen Talk," Amy Goodman's "Democracy Now" and an interview show with James Zogby. Its news program "brings you balanced coverage from around the world. News you can trust."

He is CEO of the company after stints as a sales rep at Proctor & Gamble and as a banker in Buffalo. He got his MBA at the University of Rochester. The bio concludes: “Mr. Hassan brings to Bridges TV vision, persistence, data-based decision making and financial discipline.”

Police says the wife had an order of protection from the man. A murder weapon has not yet been recovered.
    __

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Buffalo Man Who Launched TV Network to Show Muslims in Positive Light Arrested...

Oh the IRONY!

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Default Re: Buffalo Man Who Launched TV Network to Show Muslims in Positive Light Arrested...

~ Derek
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9206&dateline=1225911  268

(Somerset County)

Another one of them peaceful muslims president Bush use to tell us about .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Philadelphia County)

YOU ARE

DOING IT WRONG

(York County)

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

Inflammatory comment removed.
    Last edited by Lycanthrope; February 15th, 2009 at 12:34 PM. Reason: slur
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by tes151 View Post
    These carpet pilots will never change. It's in their DNA.
    Go over to Stormfront.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Dauphin County)

Second degree murder? He didn't mean to behead her?

(York County)

Philbert, do I take your meaning, "that the square of the hypotenuse of the
    right triangle is equal to the some of the other two sides squared (a2 + b2 =
    C2) ? .
    The Islamic faith is so peaceful.(Yeah Right).
    FUNDAMENTALS

"All that is needed for Evil to Prevail is for Good Men to
    do Nothing"

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Second degree murder? He didn't mean to behead her?
    Not sufficient premeditation to sustain first-degree I'd guess. First-degree murder charges are pretty damn rare, because they are the most difficult to prove to a jury beyond a reasonable doubt. Normally safer to prosecute on second-degree-- it can still get you life in most states. Second-degree still requires intent...maybe you are thinking of manslaughter?
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast