Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default verizon wireless blows

enV Touch is the phone i have....

have a MicroSD card in my phone, it has wallpapers, stores my pictures and ringtones.

For some unknown reason, the phone will randomly "forget" my SD card is there and go back to default stuff for wallpapers, and ring tones.

Anyone else have this issue? I'll actually have to take the SD card out, then put it back in for the settings to go back to what I had....

Seems like I will be taking this phone back to Verizon and getting a third.

I am however on the phone with Verizon, and I am asking how I can just say screw it and get a different phone. They are not letting me do anything unless I either A get the same phone, or B pay a restocking fee.

A RESTOCKING FEE FOR A DYSFUNCTIONAL PHONE!!!

They are all happy happy when your extending your conctract.

Should have gotten a blackberry, but even then they rape you for the data plans.
    Last edited by The Unknown 1087; August 19th, 2009 at 08:14 PM.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: verizon wireless blows

Restocking fee is absurd. Are they giving you this new phone for free?

When I re-upped my contract w/ AT&T and got a phone last time they charged me a $20 upgrade fee. For what? To press a few buttons on a computer and select the new phone? I called customer service and bitched and they removed the fee.

(Lancaster County)

Ugh, they are still going to fuck me over with this restocking fee, but later re add it to the account.

I have to pay for the new device, then at some other time get my old money.

(Allegheny County)

The wife, I and her folks have been Sprint/Nextel customers for a very long time. Every time we have upgraded phones, had a rare problem, etc., they have never hit us with fees, surcharges, or anything. Never a hassle and good service.

Our home internet is Sprint wireless broadband. When I had problems getting the initial system up and running with the dedicated router to hold the air card, because of the hassles, I got a bunch of credits on our bill which wasn't anything to sneeze at. It's been a highly reliable service with never any down time.

You can have the other services.
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
    -Gen. Douglas MacArthur

(Lancaster County)

So I can take this POS phone back to the store, return it it, I wont get hit with a restocking fee, unless I get a new phone that same day, or within three days.

So I'll return it, wait four days and order a new phone. So I'll get refunded, I'll use my old phone for a few days. They'll reset my contract date. Then go onto the site and get a new phone (since all the discounts are instant).

(Lancaster County)

So Sprint seems to be a winner.

I want a blackberry. They have one for $149 with a $100 mail in rebate. $49 after it...

$69.99 a month for $450 anytime mins (i dont use that much anyways). Unlimited Data, unlimited messaging to ANY network.

It's around $80-85$ a month for Sprint.

Verizon is $79 a month for 450 mins, unlimited data, and 500 texts, with unlimited Verizon to Verizon texts.

But the kicker with Sprint, I'd get 25% off my monthly bill for being an EMT...Verizon does not offer this discount.

So tomorrow I am calling a local sprint store to confirm this discount. and go from there.

Any horror stories about sprint?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    So Sprint seems to be a winner.

I want a blackberry. They have one for $149 with a $100 mail in rebate. $49 after it...

$69.99 a month for $450 anytime mins (i dont use that much anyways). Unlimited Data, unlimited messaging to ANY network.

It's around $80-85$ a month for Sprint.

Verizon is $79 a month for 450 mins, unlimited data, and 500 texts, with unlimited Verizon to Verizon texts.

But the kicker with Sprint, I'd get 25% off my monthly bill for being an EMT...Verizon does not offer this discount.

So tomorrow I am calling a local sprint store to confirm this discount. and go from there.

Any horror stories about sprint?
    been a sprint customer for about 5 years..no huge complaints, but when I lived with my Mom I had very spotty service, BUT...every phone carrier I've ever used when at my Mom's house has been BAD. Verizon, Sprint, AT&T...my Mom lives right next to the Philadelphia airport, literally, and I don't think there's any towers near by.

I will warn you though...if you fuck up your blackberry, it's a $100 deductible to replace your phone EVEN WITH their monthly insurance...I don't know if that's the same for other places.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    been a sprint customer for about 5 years..no huge complaints, but when I lived with my Mom I had very spotty service, BUT...every phone carrier I've ever used when at my Mom's house has been BAD. Verizon, Sprint, AT&T...my Mom lives right next to the Philadelphia airport, literally, and I don't think there's any towers near by.

I will warn you though...if you fuck up your blackberry, it's a $100 deductible to replace your phone EVEN WITH their monthly insurance...I don't know if that's the same for other places.

WTF!

I checked their coverage map, and of course, the places I go. their map shows roaming. Thats just peachy shit. Meanwhile with verizon I know everywhere I go I get full service.

dammit! I might be stuck with verizon afterall.

(York County)

I have been a long time verizon customer and at the end of the year all 3 contracts are up on my plan and I am really thinking about switching to AT&T. I don't have that many issues with the coverage but over the years I have had some of their new fancy phones, touch screen, etc. and for the most part they suck. The plain jane phones seem to work the best so that's what I have stayed with the most. Since Verizon is still the preferred choice on the market they can afford to piss off some customers with restocking fees and not being flexible with your upgrade, etc. I have brought back my share of phones and in almost every case they blamed it on me, did you ever bring a phone back that was not working and they pop out the battery and show you a little pink or reddish dot? This is their bullshit way of telling you that your phone has water damage!

I really like the Iphone so I might get a year contract and see how their service is. I really just want to try something different than Verizon for a little while.
    Rehab is for quitters!!

(Montgomery County)

I have an env touch that is doing the same thing.

I hate Verizon, but no other provider gets the same service where my school is (stupid Ohio). Not to mention 99% of my friends use Verizon for this same reason, so it makes it cheap to talk/text.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast