Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation UPS Refusing to Ship Firearms Suppressors

http://www.ammoland.com/2015/05/ups-...ng-protection/

http://www.guns.com/2015/05/18/ups-m...s-suppressors/

National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) this week learned that United Parcel Service (UPS) had changed its policy regarding the shipment of firearms suppressors. New policy states that UPS will no longer ship suppressors, even between licensees. NSSF is working with UPS executives to determine what prompted the enforcement of this unwarranted policy. We are unaware of any thefts or losses that would explain the shipping company’s sudden decision to enforce a prohibition against shipment. NSSF will keep you apprised of developments. Separately, NSSF is also working with the U.S. State Department to achieve a change policy to allow export of suppressors.

Update Comments Emailed to AmmoLand from UPS:

“UPS accepts for shipment certain firearms, firearms ammunition and firearms accessories as long as the shipments comply with applicable law and are shipped in accordance with company policies. These shipments are between licensed manufacturers, wholesalers and distributors and exclude consumer shipments. UPS has for many years restricted shipments of silencers or mufflers as part of the company’s firearms and ammunition policy.
    The company’s general policy is at the following link: https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/re.../firearms.html.
    UPS recently became aware of a shipper that tendered silencers for shipment.
    Consistent with the general policy, UPS informed the company that it could no longer accept shipments of packages containing those specific products. UPS will engage in discussions with licensed entities about compliance with all applicable laws and regarding the potential establishment of a contractual exception to the general policy under which UPS may ship such products. These discussions will occur on a company-by-company basis and are proprietary. “

Default Re: UPS Refusing to Ship Firearms Suppressors

I feel safer already

(Bucks County)

Just wait. The government will step up and make them accept these products, just like they do for wedding cakes.

(Monroe County)

What fuckUPS.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

With the history of lost, mis-handled and stolen firearms it is probably best. My all time favorite ups story was a lost fun switch toy. When the dealer questioned where it was they said that it had been delivered and SIGNED for. During the investigation when an agent came to the front door which was never used it was found between the storm door and door.
    Driver had forged a signature and left it there. I never heard what was done by LE but ups fired the driver(DUH). No apology from ups tried to say it was his fault for not checking at the front door and the driver was just trying to do his job.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Allegheny County)

UPS sucks almost as bad as USPS anyway.

I'm already hearing a lot of boycotts...Fed-Ex profits are going to skyrocket.

I'm at the end of the UPS route and my boss allows the UPS driver to take lunch break in our break room. If I'm working in the shop and the UPS driver leaves boxes there on his way in, if asked he'll never say he needs signatures for them. I find it highly unlikely that every single box ever delivered to my workplace (while I have been there) did not require a signature. I'd imagine UPS management is well aware of this practice, so it's understandable they'd best not accept NFA items.

FedEx will not put the box on the ground without a signature.
    They even have minds but do not think. -Dov Fischer

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by win67 View Post
    I'm at the end of the UPS route and my boss allows the UPS driver to take lunch break in our break room. If I'm working in the shop and the UPS driver leaves boxes there on his way in, if asked he'll never say he needs signatures for them. I find it highly unlikely that every single box ever delivered to my workplace (while I have been there) did not require a signature. I'd imagine UPS management is well aware of this practice, so it's understandable they'd best not accept NFA items.

FedEx will not put the box on the ground without a signature.
    Don't know what UPS does, but Fed Ex can not leave a package at a business without a signature, unless a signature card is on file for that business, or the package can be accepted by a neighboring business if no one is there to sign for it.

Often, people will have packages delivered to a business address because they are working during the delivery time instead of having it delivered at their residence. I did this when I was a store manager.

I'm a Fed Ex temp during the holidays, and I would change the designation to business upon arrival just to cover my ass if the package scanned residence.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by phill View Post
    With the history of lost, mis-handled and stolen firearms it is probably best.
    So if I buy a suppressor the manufacturer should get in his car and drive it halfway across the country and deliver it to my local FFL in person?

My all time favorite ups story was a lost fun switch toy. When the dealer questioned where it was they said that it had been delivered and SIGNED for. During the investigation when an agent came to the front door which was never used it was found between the storm door and door.
    Driver had forged a signature and left it there. I never heard what was done by LE but ups fired the driver(DUH). No apology from ups tried to say it was his fault for not checking at the front door and the driver was just trying to do his job.
    Imagine if that fell into the wrong hands. It would still be a gun. Not a nuclear bomb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast