Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Boston Herald Gives Anti-Gun Activists a Win

http://www.whitetailjournal.com/Arti...ctivists-a-Win

Boston Herald Gives Anti-Gun Activists a Win

7/29/2009

The Boston Herald will no longer be distributing a catalog known as Uncle Henry’s Swap or Sell it Guide, because its classified ad firearms section was causing controversy.

The guide was a means for residents to sell, buy or trade everything from snowmobiles to firearms. The Herald stated the discontinuation was due to worries that the firearms classified ads may encourage illegal gun trafficking on the streets of Boston.

“Our relationship has been severed,” said Gwen Gage, Herald spokeswoman. “There’s concern that firearms for sale in the book end up on the streets of Boston, and we didn’t want any part of that.”

Jamarhl Crawford of the New Black Panthers helped push the Herald’s decision.

“Uncle Henry’s has been explicitly linked to black market firearms entering Boston and being used to commit crimes on our streets and neighborhoods,” said Daniel F. Conley, Suffolk District Attorney, in an e-mail.

Cathie Whittenburg, director of the New England Coalition to Prevent Gun Violence, described the Herald’s action as “wonderful news.”

Uncle Henry’s publisher, Kevin Webb, is currently looking for other methods of distribution.

“We are not in the business of trying to enforce the law,” Webb said. “I think it’s time in this world that people start taking responsibility for their actions. People kill people; guns don’t kill people.’’

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Boston Herald Gives Anti-Gun Activists a Win

“I think it’s time in this world that people start taking responsibility for their actions. People kill people; guns don’t kill people.’’

OMG........wait we have lawyers we don't need to take responsibilty for our own actions we just sue.

Most urban newspapers are propaganda machines of one flavor or another, usually with a "progressive", redistributionist slant.

When they advertise a sale, sometimes the shoppers will be injured in the opening rush.

When they publish sports scores, sometimes people will riot (although hardly anybody waits for the papers to come out with 12-24 hours old "news").

Newspapers have no compunctions about publishing the names and personal details of rape and pedophilia defendants, even though some percentage of them are wrongfully accused and/or will be acquitted.

Odd how selective & biased newspapers are. They put on airs of being in a "profession", yet they act like Mafiosi. The one thing that gives me comfort is the knowledge that in 10 years, newspapers will be like reel-to-reel tape players, an obscure oddity about which kids know nothing. When they remake "Citizen Kane", he'll have to be some sort of blogger.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Adams County)

I'm betting that Uncle Henry’s Swap or Sell it Guide makes more of a profit for the Boston Globe, then the Boston Globe itself.

Though, there was not a massive firing/rehiring process after they almost went belly up, so the same dumbasses running the show that put them near death are still in place, making the same dumbass decisions.

Very copesetic.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    The one thing that gives me comfort is the knowledge that in 10 years, newspapers will be like reel-to-reel tape players, an obscure oddity about which kids know nothing. When they remake "Citizen Kane", he'll have to be some sort of blogger.
    Ahem... sir... please don't bash my dear Ampex reel-to-reel technology. These are still some of the best recording devices out there, and the sound quality is outstanding.

Unlike newspapers, it is a SAD thing that nobody knows of reel-to-reel these days...

Quote Originally Posted by ehidle View Post
    Ahem... sir... please don't bash my dear Ampex reel-to-reel technology. These are still some of the best recording devices out there, and the sound quality is outstanding.

Unlike newspapers, it is a SAD thing that nobody knows of reel-to-reel these days...
    Sheesh, can you still get tape anymore? I remember reading about tape manufacturers going out of business. I also remember editing audio the old-fashioned way - with a razor blade, after finding the right spot by scrubbing the tape back & forth past the heads.
    [/digression into old-fogeyness]

Stupid fucking SHEEP! You have to wonder how the hell these people survive day to day without mommy and daddy there to back them up!