Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default RSS feeds option?

i guess this is more asked to danp, but I figured I'd post it publicly in the case others run vBulletin sites. does this vBulletin version have the RSS feeds for the forum built-in and on by default? or did you have to enable the setting somewhere or have to add a module?

Reason I ask is most sites I belong to (most use vBulletin) have this enabled, but one doesn't (jeepin.net), and I was hoping I could help him out in turning it on if it was an easy fix and all.

...'course my selfish reason is because I want to make it easier for me to pool all the new threads together in one concise listing.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: RSS feeds option?

Quote Originally Posted by thirtyonebravo View Post
    i guess this is more asked to danp, but I figured I'd post it publicly in the case others run vBulletin sites. does this vBulletin version have the RSS feeds for the forum built-in and on by default? or did you have to enable the setting somewhere or have to add a module?

Reason I ask is most sites I belong to (most use vBulletin) have this enabled, but one doesn't (jeepin.net), and I was hoping I could help him out in turning it on if it was an easy fix and all.

...'course my selfish reason is because I want to make it easier for me to pool all the new threads together in one concise listing.
    In the vBulletin Admin Control Panel go to vBulletin Options -> External Data Provider and set the option "Enable RSS Syndication" to "Yes"
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Bucks County)

Default Re: RSS feeds option?

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    In the vBulletin Admin Control Panel go to vBulletin Options -> External Data Provider and set the option "Enable RSS Syndication" to "Yes"
    oh ok great, hopefully it'll be just that easy, but he's a few revisions behind so it may not even be a feature anyway.

Thanks Dan!!!