Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Bore sighting???

Can anyone recommend a decent product for bore sighting?
    I was browsing ebay and came across these http://tinyurl.com/dyvezn and http://tinyurl.com/bhcqt5

Does anyone have here any experience with these? I'd like one that would do more than 1 caliber as I own a number of them but if the one made specifically for 7.62x39 is better I'd consider that.

I just want something that will get me on the paper so that I can adjust at the range accordingly and I'd rather not spend a small fortune.

Thanks

Default Re: Bore sighting???

If you have a 25 yard available to you, and a good bench rest, you should be able to remove your bolt, sight down the bore, lock your rifle in place while having a buddy move the cross hairs to the target. This will get you very close and it is free. You mentioned 7.62 X39. I am assuming this is in an AK style or SKS. The method above may be a little more difficult.
    Jules

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    If you have a 25 yard available to you, and a good bench rest, you should be able to remove your bolt, sight down the bore, lock your rifle in place while having a buddy move the cross hairs to the target. This will get you very close and it is free. You mentioned 7.62 X39. I am assuming this is in an AK style or SKS. The method above may be a little more difficult.
    Jules
    Thanks for the suggestions. this is for an AK but I figured if that Bushnell was decent I could pick it up and use it for my other firearms as well.

I don't really use laser boresighters, but there are a few other options that you might consider. I personally just pull the bolt out of my rifle and look down the bore, get the target centered. When once you get the target centered you dial in the scope to where the crosshairs are centered on the target. This will usually get you pretty dang close. Anyway, if you want to use a laser, you have listed on option, or you can go with something that looks like ammunition but goes in the bore. http://www.amazon.com/Guide-Gear-Gea...ef=pd_sim_sg_3 . That particular option is only one caliber. They make some that you can unscrew the laser from the cartridge body, and you can get lots of cartridge bodies. This may or may not be what you're looking for, but it's just something that I figured I'd mention.