Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Flying with guns- can my brother and I put ours in the same case

I will be flying with my brother to FL. Both of us have our PA LTCFs (I have a FL non-res CCW as well) and he is also municipal LEO. We'll be on the same flights under the same reservation and checking in together.

I've flown with firearms before so I'm well versed in the requirements/procedure. My question is would it be ok for us to store our pistols in a single case checked in a bag under my name? Or will he need to put his in a separate case checked in a bag under his own name?

My concern is whether he would be retaining possession of his pistol or if I would technically be in possession, and if so if that would be legal. Any input would be appreciated.

(Blair County)

Default Re: Flying with guns- can my brother and I put ours in the same case

In PA it’s fine, if you both have PA LTC. You can loan a firearm to your brother and vise verse. I don’t know about FL.
    Steve

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Flying with guns- can my brother and I put ours in the same case

Quote Originally Posted by bullrider718 View Post
    I will be flying with my brother to FL. Both of us have our PA LTCFs (I have a FL non-res CCW as well) and he is also municipal LEO. We'll be on the same flights under the same reservation and checking in together.

I've flown with firearms before so I'm well versed in the requirements/procedure. My question is would it be ok for us to store our pistols in a single case checked in a bag under my name? Or will he need to put his in a separate case checked in a bag under his own name?

My concern is whether he would be retaining possession of his pistol or if I would technically be in possession, and if so if that would be legal. Any input would be appreciated.
    This is all that I could find but since you've flown before with firearms you probably know all of this. You also said one of you is a LEO which according to this article may have different rules to follow

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-informat...and-ammunition

I'd probably just give the airlines a jingle and find out for sure.