Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default March Practical Rifle Shoot at LRGC

We'll be doing a short course on March 28th, but it will be a little different than usual.

This time, we'll be shooting the USMC Marine Expeditionary Unit, Special Operations Command Qualification Course for Carbine.

There is no pistol stage involved in the Q-Course. If we see a holstered pistol you will be instructed to return it to your vehicle, and you shall lose your place in line for failing to follow instructions.

REGISTRATION REQUIRED!

Please see the practical rifle page for registration instructions. http://langhornerodandgunclub.org/practicalrifle/

Since we are running this one shooter at a time, you may select your time of arrival. 0900, 1100, or 1300. You shoot the course, and depart if you wish, or stay until the end when prizes will be awarded. We will not be able to accommodate shooters that arrive after 1300.

The course is 50 rounds, spread across 14 stages that are fired one shooter at a time, quickly, back to back. You will be asked to bring at least 75 rounds in case a portion of it needs to be re-fired for some reason (e.g. the target falls down). We will be shooting on the SHORT range this month.

It is fired in two phases. Phase 1 uses a single target, phase two uses two targets. Each phase incorporates shooting on the move, reloading, and simulated failure drills.

CoF:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=d4kj7c8_8fncwvrgq

Prizes will be Gold, Silver, and Bronze dog tags for first, second, and third. Whether or not you qualify for the USMC, prizes will be awarded based on comstock (IDPA style) scoring.

Your total time, plus your misses or deficits, equals your score. As in Golf, the lower score wins.

Since this is a very brief CoF, we will only be charging half price this month. $5.00 members, and $10.00 non-members.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: March Practical Rifle Shoot at LRGC

Can you shoot the course with an AK? Or is it only open to AR's?

EDIT: I read the COF how may mags would you recommend?
    I you might guess I planned to be instate that weekend, why not get some good trigger time. My NM RRA would be a bit much for CQB but hey lets get some.
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; March 20th, 2009 at 07:00 PM.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Montgomery County)

An AK would be fine! I would recommend 3-4 magazines.

See you on the 28th!

Gary

(Bucks County)

Well I had this whole response typed up but then I realized I have to work on Saturday

(Monroe County)

One more question-
    What's an "Failure Drill" entail?
    See ya SAT.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

ahh now I know

Once again a great range experance. Too bad Willow Grove was BRACK'ed I would try to get a job there so I could be closer when I get out and join the range.
    Please, think about a 10-22 match like that one. It would be fun.