Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default Hi, a newb to your board, but not to carry, guns, or PA

I just discovered your board tonight, which is frustrating because I don't live in PA anymore. I still have a house in Ambridge and miss it, I miss my Japanese weeping maple, sitting on the front porch to watch fireworks on the 4th of July, and the 3 block walk to Grad School. . . most of all I miss the free shooting range just about 20 mins out on the red belt.

My PA carry permit is still good & I refuse to move to a state where I can't get one.

PA was the best state I have ever lived in. The state I grew up in had its laws and taxes ruled and diverted to the People's Republic of Chicago. As one of the taxed and not represented people of downstate, you can imagine what freedom tasted like, when first I met PA. MN is not quite the land of freedom you enjoy & certainly not where I'll stay.

I am very happy to have found your board. I hope to be a good member, even if from a distance.

Default Re: Hi, a newb to your board, but not to carry, guns, or PA

Welcome!
    "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil but, because of the people who do nothing about them."
    - Albert Einstein

(Philadelphia County)

Welcome to the forum!

PA is a great state, and as usual, we must keep an eye on those who would prefer to harm our rights.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Berks County)

Macx,
    I too was in a similar position as you, growing up and living in NJ most of my life. At one point a citizen could buy arms and ammo at just about any Sears in the state. Now, you can't even make a purchase without applying for a permit to do so. Hell, the gun shops won't even take a gun out of the case unless you show them a permit. And carry? Yeah, that's reserved for the police and the rich who know (and pay off) the judges that grant them, as is typical in any "may issue" state. Moving to PA was, to say the least, a refreshing change.

Welcome, and I hope that you have the opportunity to return to PA often so that you don't forget the taste of freedom.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Blair County)

welcome aboard
    and i hope you don't long live outside of PA's borders

(Bucks County)

Hey newb Macx, I used to live in Illinois and know how you feel, glad I'm in PA and glad to have you here...Mike45