Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default BATF Database Goes International With Your Info

Guys, you should know about this. Obama isn't trying to get anti-gun legislation passed, but a well-connected source of mine tells me that he is letting his anti-gun bureaucracy run wild.

Here's some evidence. The link to the full document is at the end. Every American gun owner should know about this:

BATFE is so proud of their Firearms Tracing System [FTS], they offer on-line access to the records by another system (eTrace) on the internet - world-wide! BATFE offered world access to the eTrace System in United Nations Marking and Tracing Workshops held in Nairobi, Kenya in December, 2007, Lomé, Togo in April, 2008, Rio de Janeiro in June, 2008, and other locations. In 2007, BATFE reported some 10,000 individuals representing over 1620 law enforcement agencies around the world (now over 2,000 agencies) had access to our firearms data. Now, information on your guns (and you!) is directly available to 10 foreign governments (including strong cooperation with governments having known corruption issues, such as Mexico and Columbia), and trace requests have been received from 58 foreign governments (some with terrorist connections).

Implications of these registration systems are huge. These records can easily be sorted to report on all buyers of .223 and 5.56mm rifles - or all buyers of .50 BMG rifles, or all purchases by any individual.

As BATFE has been placing increasing importance on their tracing function, they have been creating more firearms registration records. We need to question their statutory authority for automating the tracing process. Originally, the tracing process was intended to be handled by phone calls to the manufacturer or importer, followed by calls to the distributor, and finally to the dealer. By increasingly computerizing this process, BATFE has created a massive system of registration of firearms, firearm owners and firearm transactions specifically prohibited by 18 U.S.C. 926(a). The ultimate goal of such a tracing system is a registration system of every firearm and every firearm owner in the United States.

The author is a retired computer professional with over 40 years experience with computers and software.

(end document)

http://www.jpfo.org/articles-assd/me...pen-letter.htm
    Last edited by V65Magnafan; October 23rd, 2009 at 10:41 PM.
    NRA, IDPA, Tactical Pistol Instructor