Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default AK-47 Accessories

Now that I have my AK-47, I'm looking to accessorize but I have some questions.

I don't know much about suppressors. What types are out there and available? What some I consider? Where can I order them?

Is there anything special to consider regarding slings?

(Erie County)

Default Re: AK-47 Accessories

Nothing special about slings. Just google it, you'll find more than you can even think of.

http://www.gunaccessories.com/AK47/index.asp Use that site for ideas. They have practically anything you can think of, price is a little high so try and find it other places to save some money.

Suppressors as in sound? Look over at www.AK47.net and see what they say. Much bigger board. The AK47 is 1x14LH threaded, which is very unusual. Any .308 suppressor will work, but you'd need an adapter to mount it. Or special order the mount on the suppressor, not sure if they do that.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Harvdog View Post

I don't know much about suppressors. What types are out there and available? What some I consider? Where can I order them?

Is there anything special to consider regarding slings?
    Sir,you don't need a suppressor for the AK,let it be LOUD.First,a TRUE SOUND SUPPRESSOR (if you can find one for the AK ) would cost at least $500+,not including the adapter or the cost to thread the barrel on top of the registration tax.If you are looking for a muzzle brake/flash suppressor you can get a good one for less than $60.If you need to "accesorize" your AK look into refinishing the metal/wood,lots of mags,I like the Bulgarian polymer waffle ones,lots of ammo and lots of fun.I'd get a leather sling for it,military but not neccessary made for AK only,maybe a Russian scope made for AK and variants if you have the optics rail on the left side of the receiver,a 75/150rds drum.I wouldn't get rid of the wood - keep it classic - but as I said refinish wood/metal for a better look and protection against rust or other.Get a decent bayonet,only because you can, and do not pimp it.Nothing worse than an AK with an AR stock or other.The ugliness is the beauty of the AK.Just my two cents...

I FORGOT.THE BEST SOURCE FOR AK ACCESSORIES AND INFORMATION IS THIS GUY http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/ HE IS THE REAL DEAL AND VERY FRIENDLY, THE GO TO KIND OF GUY AND DO NOT BE SHY TO EMAIL HIM QUESTIONS OR ASK FOR HARD TO FIND ITEMS.HE'LL TELL YOU HOW AND WHERE.
    Last edited by KIGY; March 23rd, 2007 at 12:05 PM.
    LEGUM SERVI SUMUS UT LIBERI ESSE POSSIMUS

(Lycoming County)

Here is a neat rail I have been considering:

http://store.botachtactical.com/utgakqura.html
    "All the perplexities, confusion and distress in America arise, not from defects in their Constitution or Confederation, not from want of honor or virtue, so much as from the downright ignorance of the nature of coin, credit and circulation." John Adams

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Harvdog View Post
    My opinion is certainly biased but the first "accessory" you should add is a formal training course.

(Montgomery County)

accessories:
    1. mags mags mags mags mags. I bought lots of steel mags as keepers, but the plastic mags will wear out easier, so I use those mostly and keep the steels in reserve. Buy at least one drum, either Chinese, if you can find them, or the russian or romanian. The Rooski and Roma drums are a pain to load, but they work flawlessly, and are fun. Get some 40rd RPK mags too, they are over the top in looks.

2. skip a sound suppressor, you wont be happy with it. the action is loud as hell, and subsonic ammo wont work the action, and as folks say, its pricey too for a single use application...unless you have something else to put it on.

I know, I've got buddies with AK suppressors:-)

3. Ammo ammo ammo. More ammo. get lots of ammo.

4. Sling: unless you really want something highspeed, a standard web sling works best, commonly found at CDNN, Sportsmansguide, etc etc...

5 LOTS of accessories found at http://www.aimsurplus.com from grips to forearm rails, to lights and such.

for rail sets, try the Ultimak setups, I have them on one gun, and it works like crazy, plus, they are being used in iraq bu US troops and contractors:
    http://ultimak.com/

Watch your ass with Botach, they are a crappy little shop in LA, and claim to have lots of stuff, but often try ther bait and switch, or charge card, and wait forever for shipping.

as for opticsI personally think the best setup is either the Ultimak gas tube scout mount, or the KOBRA optic sold by Tantal, the link is above...I have one on my Bulgarian 5.45 AK, and its awesome...16 brightness settings, and 4 reticles.
    Most of the cheaper optics mounts locate the optics a little off to the left of the bore, and thats annoying.

just a few opinions

Bulgarian SLR-105 in 5.45, ACE FN style folder stock, FN style AK grip.

"Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Erie County)

Jaybell-

Do you have a VFG mounted on the your AK that has the Ultimak? Curious as I have a set of them. Took them off my gun a year ago and didn't put them back on as a VFG didn't fit well due to the mags.

(Montgomery County)

if by VFG you mean "vertical fore grip" then yes.

I use the short "broomstick" type from TDI Arms as here...and pretty far forward.

http://www.tdi-arms.com/store.php?pid=203

(Philadelphia County)

vertical fore grips interfere with quick mag changes on the AK. If you want a vertical fore grip, use the magazine.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
    vertical fore grips interfere with quick mag changes on the AK. If you want a vertical fore grip, use the magazine.
    it all depends on the foregrip, buddy

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast