Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default What will happen first

In order for the Dems to be sucessful in pushing a new AWB, or other anti-gun/anti-ammo legislation through (or other draconian laws for that matter)....one thing needs to happen first.

Silence the opposition and silence them legally

It is no secret the far left is terrified of talk radio and the conservative presence it has....for the most part most Conservatives aren't sitting around watching the boob-tube all day, we are at work, and what medium can many people partake in harmlessly while working? Listening to the radio.

The left has blamed talk radio for the large Dem defeat in 1994 they suffered after passing the Clinton tax increase and AWB, rest assured they have the power now and intend to keep it.

Fairness doctrine news:

http://www.axcessnews.com/index.php/.../show/id/17131

Am I off base here? Contact your congressman/senator, let them know how you feel.

There seems to be a serious push on right now to get the Fairness Doctrine going again, I think this will be a precursor to any bad laws and legislation...after all, who will complain and fight against it if you can't or don't know the facts.
    Last edited by 762xIan; November 28th, 2008 at 08:15 AM.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Monroe County)

Default Re: What will happen first

I think you are wrong...

In order for an AWB to pass the gun-haters need to get elected to Congress (house/senate), draft up a bill and send it to the Commander in Chief to sign into law

Since the same party is in control of the House, Senate, and the Executive all they have to do to pass an AWB is try.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lebanon County)

Not necessarily wrong in this case. Believe it or not, there are some in the majority who are pro gun, who understand if they vote for this crap, they may not be re-elected. One of the few chances of succeeding is to constantly remind them of this. There's also the filibuster option, if the repubs have the balls to do it. Not sure I'd count on that option. Remember, a lot of seats were lost over the last one.

Things I fear:
    1- They'll tax us to death. (ammo,etc.)
    2- They'll institute a total ban on lead (EPA)
    3- They'll slowly ban as much as they can.
    4- They'll try to eliminate ALL cc (Federal law)
    5- (Worst of all) They'll "stack" the Supreme Court.
    Remember: With control of the Supreme Court you can change the meaning of any law/ammendment to be what you want it to be. (Example: where would we be if the USSC ruled that 2A only applies to the Nat. Guard etc. as militia and individuals have absolutely NO rights to any firearm?)

(Bedford County)

Things I fear:
    1- They'll tax us to death. (ammo,etc.)

There it is right there ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by nijwnfi View Post
    Not necessarily wrong in this case. Believe it or not, there are some in the majority who are pro gun, who understand if they vote for this crap, they may not be re-elected. One of the few chances of succeeding is to constantly remind them of this. There's also the filibuster option, if the repubs have the balls to do it. Not sure I'd count on that option. Remember, a lot of seats were lost over the last one.
    This is my take on it as well. Look, the last AWB directly cost the dems 14ish years of power. They are just now getting it back. And while surely there is a percentage who didn't learn their lesson, as well as some turncoat repubs, I don't think it will be NEAR enough to push this though congress again. And I have a one month avatar bet that says so. And yes, I bought an AR just in case I was wrong and would advise anyone else to do the same.

Now SCOTUS? That is another matter...but still, the US is a gun country, and anyone messing with that is signing their own exit papers. That is US History. If any appointments go in that direction, a voluntary decade or two minority is guaranteed.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaGuy View Post
    This is my take on it as well. Look, the last AWB directly cost the dems 14ish years of power. They are just now getting it back. And while surely there is a percentage who didn't learn their lesson, as well as some turncoat repubs, I don't think it will be NEAR enough to push this though congress again. And I have a one month avatar bet that says so. And yes, I bought an AR just in case I was wrong and would advise anyone else to do the same.

Now SCOTUS? That is another matter...but still, the US is a gun country, and anyone messing with that is signing their own exit papers. That is US History. If any appointments go in that direction, a voluntary decade or two minority is guaranteed.
    You think the Dem's lost power because of the AWB? really?

Lets face it guys, as long as the AWB is phrased correctly and doesn't target hunting rifles it will pass again. The number of gun nuts is relatively small compared to the number of hunters and gun hating hunters ( there are lots) won't be concerned at all if you can't buy AK's and AR's or pistols that hold more then 12 rounds.

The power doesn't lie with the pro-gun people. The power lies with the pro-hunter as there are a whole lot more of them then there are gun nuts that give a damn. We need to look at the next 3 months as a grace period, a calm before the storm. They aren't going to take our guns away, it'll never happen without some sort of triggering event in which case we'll need the guns more then ever.

Its going to be cosmetic thing again (the functionality thing never left). We know what went bye-bye last time, its a safe bet that the same thing will go away this time as well. Stock up now!

Buy spare mags if your gun is a double stack, buy folding stocks and front vert grips now if you can. Buy your Lowers now and a few extra mags to go with them, buy an AK or 2 while they are still "affordable"... Now is the time to break out the credit cards and "stimulate" the economy with some pre-obama purchasing. It isn't a matter of if, its a matter of when.
    Last edited by Dredly; November 28th, 2008 at 08:24 PM.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    So you're gonna say that...then offer no refute?

(Berks County)

No the bigger issue at the time which polarized the Conservative base was Hillary's Universal Healthcare crap and the tax increase, the AWB did bring the gun owners around, but not as much of an uproar as the other issues.

What the Democrats have recognized is the power of talk radio. Talk radio in the early 90's DID help us and played a key role unifying the voter base with the '94 election. They know this and want to stop it by re-instituting the Fairness Doctrine.

They intend to keep power this time, HOW? they want to shut down the one media outlet still available to our views and viewpoints.

Just like the Nazi party in Germany in the early 1930's. The Reichstag (German Parliament) fire which led to essentially the disbandment of parliament and silenced the other political parties of dissenting voices against the Nazi regime. In 1933 when the fire happened, the Nazi's only had 44% of the power in the Reichstag and Hitler was Chancellor, after the fire, he was dictator and ruled by decree.

Silence the opposition first....then you can pass any law you want.

That is the gist of my argument here, and I am watching carefully how this new Fairness Doctrine starts gathering steam.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Berks County)

I have been thinking about this for a long time. I think the way they can do it while protecting themselves is the same way the 86 machinegun ban was passed. They will tack it onto another non related bill. Most likely a big popular economic stimulus package or something along those lines.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast