Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Stop the Gun Banners

A few days ago, I e-mailed several state congressmen/women about the Rendell push on limiting gun purchases to one per month, eliminating the state pre-emption on local gun laws and the reporting of stolen/lost firearms requirement. This morning I received the attached e-mail from Julie Harhart's office. This factoid was not part of her weekly e-mail news update - so I'm thinking there's been a lot of pressure put on the state legislators about this issue. ALSO - there are four proposed bills sitting in the Judicial committee. All are good proposals and all are sponsored by Repubs. Has anyone seen anything in the newspapers or anywhere else about these proposed bills that favor legal gun ownership? You can check them out at:
    JulieHarhart.com

November 20, 2007 Unsubscribe Update My Profile

State Representative Julie Harhart, Fighting for a Better Pennsylvania - 183rd District
    Website - Profile - Latest News - Issues Of Interest - State Information - Contact

House Republican Proposals for Gun Laws that Deal with Crime and Leave Law Abiding Gun Owners Alone

HB 784 would increase penalties for the sale of illegal firearms.

HB 785 would increase penalties for the use of illegal firearms.

HB 1198 would establish a task force to track theft and trafficking of illegal firearms.

HB 1189 would increase police presence statewide.

JulieHarhart.com

E-MAIL UPDATES

Yes, please periodically send me e-mail updates.*

Click Here

*By subscribing to my
    e-mail updates, you are authorizing me to send regular e-mail updates from my office to your e-mail account.

Governor Puts PA Gun Owners' Rights in the Crosshairs....Again

Once again, Gov. Ed Rendell is trying to push through legislation that infringes on the rights of law-abiding gun owners.......in the name of dealing with big-city violence.

To keep you informed, here's an update on a new push to pass "one gun a month" legislation.

Today, legislative action is expected to push House Bill 22, legislation that would limit firearm purchases to one gun a month, out of the House Judiciary Committee. The "one gun a month" plan has proven to be ineffective in states where it's now law: Virginia, Maryland, and California have passed this plan and still have homicide rates above the national average. Gov. Ed Rendell, himself, is making a presentation to the Committee urging its passage.

Here's My Question

Why punish the law-abiding gun owners and sportsmen all over Pennsylvania with an ineffective law like the "one gun a month" option? Rendell and the House Democrats are taking the same old path to limit 2nd Amendment rights, while turning a blind eye to the fact that current gun related laws are not being effectively enforced.

Standing With You to Protect Gun Owners' Rights

You have my continued commitment to vote in favor of the rights of Pennsylvania's law-abiding gun owners. I am not on the House Judiciary Committee but have urged its members to vote against this legislation. We need to punish the wrong-doers and enforce our current firearms laws, while protecting our 2nd amendment rights.

I will send you another update as this situation progresses.

Contact Information
    District Address: Capitol Address:
    Slatington Borough Hall
    125 S. Walnut Street
    First Floor
    Slatington, PA 18080
    Phone: 610-760-9805 1541 Alta Drive
    Suite 101
    Whitehall, PA 18052
    Phone: 610-821-6924
    Fax: 610-821-6927 314C Main Capitol Building
    Harrisburg, PA 17120
    Phone: 717-772-5398
    Fax: 717-783-7667
    Last edited by 32 Magnum; November 20th, 2007 at 12:01 PM.
    Jim Hauff H&R Collector In memory of my friends Bill Goforth and Jim Ritchie.