Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default A couple pistol comparison Questions

I did not want to start 2 threads but would like thoughts on two comparisons

1. Walther PPK 380 really worth $200+ more then the Bursa Thunder

2. Browning Buck Mark vs The Ruger Mark III who wins

Thanks for the thoughts in advance.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: A couple pistol comparison Questions

Question 1. Yes.
    Question 2. Both are a good gun. I have each.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Mercer County)

Bersas are great guns but the Walther (if you can afford it) wins every time. And both of those 22s are good guns. If you put those 2 guns in a shooting vice with the same ammo and the same size and type of bbl they would probably group about the same, but in someones hands it all depends on the shooter. which grip feels better, which one fits their hands etc. I personally think the Buckmark fits my hands better than the mk III but if we were talking mk II then I would have to chose that. I can shoot a MK II with houge grips better than a High Standard Citation. Thaks just my .02
    14OO N. HERMITAGE RD, HERMITAGE,PA 724-962-1776......STOP BY AND SEE US SOME TIME

I actually own a PPK/S 380 and I like it. My wife and I bought it to have a gun that fit her hands better than my full sized pistols. I like it, but I think the Bersa is on par with the Walther and there are a lot of people out there that will confirm that the Bersa is reliable and dependable and probably feeds ammo better than the Walther. However, the Walther is going to hold its resale better and has more history. I find the Walthers to be top notch and since Smith and Wesson is producing them now, you get that great service you've come to expect from S&W. It really comes down to whether having a genuine Walther is important to you. They will both put bullets down range and they both handle pretty much the same. My wife picked the Walther cause she thought it fit her hand a little better. I liked the feel of the Bersa better... guess it all depends. I picked my PPK/S up used for about 100 dollars more than the Bersa new. I'm happy with my purchase.

I have no help for you with number 2...

Quote Originally Posted by Hozen View Post
    I actually own a PPK/S 380 and I like it. My wife and I bought it to have a gun that fit her hands better than my full sized pistols. I like it, but I think the Bersa is on par with the Walther and there are a lot of people out there that will confirm that the Bersa is reliable and dependable and probably feeds ammo better than the Walther. However, the Walther is going to hold its resale better and has more history. I find the Walthers to be top notch and since Smith and Wesson is producing them now, you get that great service you've come to expect from S&W. It really comes down to whether having a genuine Walther is important to you. They will both put bullets down range and they both handle pretty much the same. My wife picked the Walther cause she thought it fit her hand a little better. I liked the feel of the Bersa better... guess it all depends. I picked my PPK/S up used for about 100 dollars more than the Bersa new. I'm happy with my purchase.

I have no help for you with number 2...
    In my hand I like the Bersa better to I was just wondering about the price difference

(Montgomery County)

I tried my brother-in-law's PPK last summer, and it did well (although I don't remember details and it was an older model). I've owned the Bersa for over a year now and I love it. I'd say for the price the Bersa can't be beat.

Some add'l info:

http://bersatalk.com/forums/thread/88137.aspx

http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/gen...lther-ppk.html

http://www.chuckhawks.com/bersa_380.htm

(The BersaTalk forum is a great place; a ton of knowledge and a lot of silliness too.)
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

(Monroe County)

I have all the Guns you mentioned except the Buckmark and will probably get one one day.

The Bersa is a very nice self defense gun, very reliable and accurate , the grips feels very nice, just a very nice reliable Gun for persoanal protection, thats what Bersa made it for Nothing else.

The Walther ppk is a Work of Art , if that Gun were to be designed today instead of the 1920's it would cost about $1500 to buy one.

I have the Smith and Wesson version and i love it , immaculately made, extremely reliable and accurate but mine doesnt like full metal Jacket ammo however it is deadly with Winchester silvertips hp's.
    The problem with the Walther like the SiG 232 which i also own is the heavy trigger, i solved that by putting in a lighter Wolff hammer spring much sweeter now , i went with the 16lb spring , no problem at all.

Get thom both , atleast the Bersa is cheap enogh.

You cant go wrong with either ths Ruger or Buckmark , thay are that close in quality and accuracy. But the Ruger have more after market support.

Nyman

(Chester County)

The current production PPK's suck ass. Never seen more double feeds from any other line of guns. Take down in a pain in the ass, and too easy to pinch your fingers doing it, it's overly heavy, and feels like a brick to shoot.

Get a Sig232 if you want a great .380. The Bersa's seem to run pretty good, in my observations.

The Rugers are a pain to clean, but hold up pretty well. The Brownings come with a nice trigger, and are easier to clean...but don't hold up like the Rugers do.

I agree on the 232, and I love my MK III.
    Jules

Thanks Guys went with the Ruger. Have not decided on the 380. Gone look at. The Sig but thinking a Contender might of leap frog the 380 on the list. Look like more Fun