Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Will we ever see an end...

...to the my gun is better than your gun or this brand is better than that brand argument going on every single day on just about every single firearms board?

You can't read a thread asking for a suggestion on a handgun without hearing this gun is the best or that gun sucks...

I just get tired of reading these same arguments over and over. I've participated in one and only one argument over it.

Is it people being close-minded? Is is people simply being irrational? Is it a matter of self-esteem/confidence and wanting to feel secure in their decisions needing positive affirmation from a group of people we only "know" on the internet?

What drives these conversations? I've seen people get banned from brand specific forums for even suggesting a better alternative to the forum focus exists.

It's not just polymer guns either, you see it with 1911s and their brands, full length guide rods, bushings vs bull barrels, etc...

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Will we ever see an end...

Yes, as soon as everybody realizes that H&K is the best ever. Especially a USPc in .40 caliber with the stainless slide.

Seriously, it will never end, because there is no best beyond what ever style is someone's favorite. Some people will always need to validate their choice of guns by yelling about how great it is.

I overcome this by owning seven completely different handguns. This way I can relate to many different points of view. "Honest honey, I need these guns to help me relate to my fellow PAFOA members better."

IMNSHO, what actually is the best "type and caliber" ever, is my Grandfather's 1913 Beretta in .32 caliber. Given to me by my mom when I turned 18. All the rest of them are just...........guns.

(Philadelphia County)

Yes sig is the best END.
    Glock 22 Sig 220west G kimber c2 Dan wesson 357 Sig 229 9mm

(York County)

There are soooo many good guns from about every manufacturer now a days...... I dont dislike any of them..... If some one offered me a gun that every one thought was a peice of crap ..... youde be sure that I would snatch it up in a heartbeat...... the more the better...and cheap is better then none .

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by jtkratzer View Post
    You can't read a thread asking for a suggestion on a handgun without hearing this gun is the best or that gun sucks...
    My guns are best and no gun sucks.

Every gun has an application and each one is better at certain applications than others. That's why it's important to have a large number of them and get yet more from time to time. That's how I explain the contents of my safe to my wife.

(Jefferson County)

Nope.. only when you all realize that your tupperware tinker toys make lousy clubs when you run out of that pipsqueak 25acp to 45acp ammo.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

...to the my gun is better than your gun or this brand is better than that brand argument going on every single day on just about every single firearms board?

I just get tired of reading these same arguments over and over. I've participated in one and only one argument over it.

Is it people being close-minded? Is is people simply being irrational? Is it a matter of self-esteem/confidence and wanting to feel secure in their decisions needing positive affirmation from a group of people we only "know" on the internet?

What drives these conversations? I've seen people get banned from brand specific forums for even suggesting a better alternative to the forum focus exists.

It's not just polymer guns either, you see it with 1911s and their brands, full length guide rods, bushings vs bull barrels, etc...
    Thread has no redeeming value at all..but +1 post for me.

(Westmoreland County)

Yes. Yes. And yes.

What drives these conversations?
    I dunno. Too much time on their hands?

Nobody likes having their ox gored and some people "invest themselves" into their choices and deem it an insult and an affront for anyone to suggest that they erred.

The funny thing is, most people don't even shoot their firearm(s) nearly enough to determine if their particular specimen is reliable, ergonomic and user friendly.

(Indiana County)

Glock > *

(Berks County)

Tony, as per usual has it right. Although I'm not sure about folks being closed-minded so much as folks attempting to justify, in their own minds, the outlay of so much cash on something that so and so doesn't like. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the reason that there are so many different models is because there are so many different people and what works for one does not necessarily work for another. Just my $0.02.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast