Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Proposed ATF 80% rules and kits

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regula...ceiver/summary

Summary of Proposed Rule 2021R-05

Under the proposed rule, a “privately made firearm” (PMF) is a firearm, including a frame or receiver, assembled or otherwise produced by a person other than a licensed manufacturer, and without a serial number or other identifying markings placed by a licensed manufacturer at the time the firearm was produced. The term does not include an NFA registered firearm, or one made before October 22, 1968 (unless remanufactured after that date).

Licensees must:

Properly mark each PMF acquired before the effective date of the rule within 60 days after the rule becomes final, or before the date of disposition (including to a personal collection), whichever is sooner.

Properly mark previously acquired PMFs themselves or may arrange to have another licensee mark the firearm on their behalf. PMFs currently in inventory that a licensee chooses not to mark may also be destroyed or voluntarily turned-in to law enforcement within the 60-day period.

Once the rule becomes final, and unless already marked by another licensee, properly mark each PMF within seven days following the date of receipt or other acquisition (including from a personal collection), or before the date of disposition (including to a personal collection), whichever is sooner.

Mark PMFs acquired after the rule becomes effective themselves or under their direct supervision by another licensee with the supervising licensee’s information.

Mark PMFs with the same serial number on each frame or receiver of a weapon that begins with the FFL’s abbreviated license number (first three and last five digits) as a prefix followed by a hyphen on any “privately made firearm” (as defined) that the licensee acquired (e.g., “12345678-[number]”).

Record PMFs in their acquisition and disposition records, whether or not kept overnight, and update their acquisition entries with information marked on PMFs.
    Licensees may refuse to accept PMFs or arrange for private individuals to have them marked by another licensee before accepting them, provided they are properly marked in accordance with this proposed rule.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Wyoming County)

Default Re: Proposed ATF 80% rules and kits

Summary of Proposed Rule 2021R-05

Under the proposed rule, a *privately made firearm* (PMF) is a firearm, including a frame or receiver, assembled or otherwise produced by a person other than a licensed manufacturer, and without a serial number or other identifying markings placed by a licensed manufacturer at the time the firearm was produced. The term does not include an NFA registered firearm, or one made before October 22, 1968 (unless remanufactured after that date).

Licensees must:

Properly mark each PMF acquired before the effective date of the rule within 60 days after the rule becomes final, or before the date of disposition (including to a personal collection), whichever is sooner.

Properly mark previously acquired PMFs themselves or may arrange to have another licensee mark the firearm on their behalf. PMFs currently in inventory that a licensee chooses not to mark may also be destroyed or voluntarily turned-in to law enforcement within the 60-day period.

Once the rule becomes final, and unless already marked by another licensee, properly mark each PMF within seven days following the date of receipt or other acquisition (including from a personal collection), or before the date of disposition (including to a personal collection), whichever is sooner.

Mark PMFs acquired after the rule becomes effective themselves or under their direct supervision by another licensee with the supervising licensee*s information.

Mark PMFs with the same serial number on each frame or receiver of a weapon that begins with the FFL*s abbreviated license number (first three and last five digits) as a prefix followed by a hyphen on any *privately made firearm* (as defined) that the licensee acquired (e.g., *12345678-[number]*).

Record PMFs in their acquisition and disposition records, whether or not kept overnight, and update their acquisition entries with information marked on PMFs.
    Licensees may refuse to accept PMFs or arrange for private individuals to have them marked by another licensee before accepting them, provided they are properly marked in accordance with this proposed rule.
    Meh
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Allegheny County)

I'll wait for the movie version.

This book version is too hard to follow. (no pictures)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

that sure looks like a registry to me I guess we get to donate more of our hard earned money to GOA and the like and watch the injunctions fly...... also I have a laser no need for me to have anyone else mark my PMF's curious how they plan on reimbursing people the cost to do so as well.

(Bradford County)

So this only applies to FFLs? That's how I am reading it. It looks like the serial number crap only comes into play if you make one and later plan to move it through a "Licensee?"
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    that sure looks like a registry to me I guess we get to donate more of our hard earned money to GOA and the like and watch the injunctions fly...... also I have a laser no need for me to have anyone else mark my PMF's curious how they plan on reimbursing people the cost to do so as well.
    The ATF can't mandate citizens mark their homebuilt firearms because it simply isn't in the law. But, they (ATF) have regulatory power over FFLs so they take the bite where they can. I should hope that it is very very rare that they (FFLs) would even come into possession of home built firearms, but if they do, it's their burden to mark the PMF, not the sellers. Of course the FFL can refuse the transfer.

There's still no need for you to mark your PMF.

A homebuilt(PMF) unmarked rifle can still be sold FTF in PA.

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post
    So this only applies to FFLs? That's how I am reading it. It looks like the serial number crap only comes into play if you make one and later plan to move it through a "Licensee?"
    Yes you nailed it, it only applies to FFL's

All part of the Master Plan, where they (a) get a good idea of where every gun is and who has them, and then once that list is ready, (b) ban all guns and make a few raids on law-abiding folks when the list of guns doesn't match the list of surrendered guns. Scare the straights so they comply. The fact that the criminal class has never complied with the FFL requirements or import restrictions or the laws against theft and interstate private transfers, is irrelevant to the ACTUAL goal of disarming everyone who might resist being sent to the re-education camps.

None of this is about reducing crime. Not one smidgen of it. It's about strangling the class who might stand up for liberty when they finally come out of the closet and suspend the Constitution and hold secret military trials for what you wrote on social media. That's not the criminals, criminals don't rebel against tyranny, they just make money off it. Armed criminals are no threat to the tyrants. It's armed lawyers and truckers and engineers and farmers that would unseat them, just like in 1776.

Look at what the globalist woke chapter in Canada did to the truckers. Obey, or we will destroy your lives and finances and bankrupt you and send you to jail, all before any trials.

It's a long game, but pretty much EVERY gun control scheme revolves around registering all guns. They honestly don't care about "universal background checks" except as a vehicle to track every last gun transfer. Same for reporting lost or stolen guns, it's not like they'll assign a detective to finding your missing pistol; it's purely pre-planning by the banners, so when they ask you what happened to that AR you had, they can arrest you no matter what you say; if it was lost of stolen, they arrest you for not reporting it. If you sold it privately, they arrest you for evading the universal background check scam.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Montgomery County)

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/...+ARFCOM+Weekly

I read over on ARFCOM that the definition of a gun able to be "readily converted" to a machine gun is changing to 8 hours of time in a machine shop.

Further, any gun that can be "Readily converted" to a machine gun is then a machine gun.

It takes less than 8 hours for a machinst to make a MG from a block of aluminum...

Poof, goodbye 2A...

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    The ATF can't mandate citizens mark their homebuilt firearms because it simply isn't in the law. But, they (ATF) have regulatory power over FFLs so they take the bite where they can. I should hope that it is very very rare that they (FFLs) would even come into possession of home built firearms, but if they do, it's their burden to mark the PMF, not the sellers. Of course the FFL can refuse the transfer.

There's still no need for you to mark your PMF.

A homebuilt(PMF) unmarked rifle can still be sold FTF in PA.

Yes you nailed it, it only applies to FFL's
    NO,

Read the rest of the linkage, you got to bring in any made 80%'s and have an FFL SN it.

Under the proposed rule, a *privately made firearm* (PMF) is a firearm, including a frame or receiver, assembled or otherwise produced by a person other than a licensed manufacturer, and without a serial number or other identifying markings placed by a licensed manufacturer at the time the firearm was produced. The term does not include an NFA registered firearm, or one made before October 22, 1968 (unless remanufactured after that date).

Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    NO,

Read the rest of the linkage, you got to bring in any made 80%'s and have an FFL SN it.

NO, you don't There is nothing in that rule that requires anything of non-licensee private home builder

"Licensees must"

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast