Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Botach Tactical is a horrible place to purchase from

I guess I am partly to blame. Anything with the word "tactical" in it should arouse suspicion. Well, I've purchased a few things in the past from them and never had problems. They do have good prices on certain things. I thought I'd get a few magazines from them recently. They never arrived. Their "tracking" system blows. They showed as shipped. I tried to contact them by phone (left a message) and emailed them numerous times. No response. Called my credit card company and had them reverse the charges. F you Botach.

BTW, here is a great website that lists companies that you will likely have problems with. Big surprise, Botach is near the bottom.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Botach_Tactical
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Botach Tactical is a horrible place to purchase from

I bought from them a long while ago but gave up after a shipment that never arrived too.

I'll never buy from them again.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Luzerne County)

Me three had a bad experience with them years ago... Never bothered going back

(Allegheny County)

Same here - ordered my Serpa from them and it said it was shipped the next day (even got an email with a tracking number) and would be delivered in four to seven business days.

Seven days later - nothing. Emailing them got a pretty quick response and they said it was backordered and they didn't know when it would be shipped! I told them to cancel my order, they agreed to cancel it, and I went to Sportsman's Warehouse where I got it for a little more than what Botach was charging.

Two days later, still no refund on my credit card so off went another email. They replied that they didn't cancel the order and had shipped the holster! DOH! I started a charge dispute with my credit card company and when UPS finally showed up to deliver the package, I refused delivery (didn't want them claiming I had received it)

Botach finally refunded my money - a month later!

(Berks County)

I am not picking on the OP or anyone else but this is the second thread of this type that has been posted in the General section. We do have an area of the forum right here that is meant for feedback on shops that we may be using. Can we agree to use the appropriate section?
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Montgomery County)

Can we agree to use the appropriate section?
    Yes and no. I only put this here because I thought it was important for people to see the helpful website I posted a link to. Unfortunately, the section you made a note of doesn't get much traffic. The mods can obviously move this thread if necessary. Maybe I should have started two threads...

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by 625 View Post
    Yes and no. I only put this here because I thought it was important for people to see the helpful website I posted a link to. Unfortunately, the section you made a note of doesn't get much traffic. The mods can obviously move this thread if necessary. Maybe I should have started two threads...
    Nope, just one is needed in the right place. The extra traffic is no reason to post something where it really doesn't belong, that's why there are different areas for different things. everyone thinks their post is important, but that people that don't care to educate themselves won't look in the right place is no excuse to post things where they don't really belong.

As for the actual content of this post, I had the same experience with magazines and a few other items purchased through Botach about 5 years ago. Trued to order the same things through Lightfighter a few weeks later only to have them do the same thing, never ship, refused to answer calls or e-mails...had to charge back against both IIRC. I won't do business with either of them ever again.

(Montgomery County)

Nope, just one is needed in the right place. The extra traffic is no reason to post something where it really doesn't belong, that's why there are different areas for different things. everyone thinks their post is important, but that people that don't care to educate themselves won't look in the right place is no excuse to post things where they don't really belong.
    Understood. In addition, I saw the other thread noting a bad purchase experience in the wrong section and was reminded of my own, so I simply posted it up then and there. My bad.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by 625 View Post
    Understood. In addition, I saw the other thread noting a bad purchase experience in the wrong section and was reminded of my own, so I simply posted it up then and there. My bad.
    I wasn't criticizing you, that's just my opinion, which is worth no more than yours is, I only post here, I'm no higher up on the food chain than you are. And FWIW, I think your post was spot on about Botach, they're garbage.

(Lackawanna County)

am i the only one who's never had a problem with them? i've placed about 6 orders through them without a hitch. after hearing about everyone's problems, though, i don't think i'm gonna push my luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast