Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default You know your a diesel guy when...

saw this one over at Jeepin.com and thought I'd share! fits me to a T!

You know your a diesel guy when...

1) You can decipher the sound of a Powerstroke, Cummins, or Duramax from 100 yards away without seeing the truck. You can also tell the difference just by sound from the 7.3 to the 6.0 Powerstroke and a 2nd generation Cummins 12v/ 24v engine to the Common rail motors in the 3rd Generation.

2) You have your pass side mirror permenantly tilted down, so you can see the smoke dump out the tailpipe at every intersection.

3) You have to look at the same mirror every time you start your Diesel, just to see the first puff of smoke.

4) You think it's lame to hual or pull any sized trailer with anything but a Diesel.

5) You back your truck downwind, and idle so you can get a scent of the diesel smell.

6) When you pull into a drive-through, you take it as a compliment when they tell you to turn your motor off because it's too loud.

7) Someone comments to you how loud your truck is and you reply, with a grin and a chuckle, "Ain't it, though!"

8) Regardless of outside temperature, you still roll down the passenger window when in tunnels, under bridges, or beside walls, just so you can listen to your truck.

9) ... when you get into a gasser that is idling and try to start it.

10) dont you guys hate it when you jump into another truck (non diesel) and you turn the key to the "run" positon and out of habit look and wait for the "wait to start" light?

11) when the opening line from your family/friends is.."so what'd you do to your truck THIS week?"

12) Your wife's car won't start and you go to the dealer and buy 2 batteries...

13) When you and your kids try to pick out the Cummins powered school busses at school sporting events==and then argue over which is a twelve valve.

14) When you make your wife or girlfriend or buddy drive your truck down the road, just so you know what it sounds like from the outside.

15) Your wife's friend comes over with her two new babies, you hear 'twins' and you come runnin' in the house all greasy from just being under your truck wanting to see a couple of Holsets and it's only two drooly babies who happen to look alike.

16) Your idea of a kick a$$ stereo system is the business end of a set of dual stacks.

17) You Are SERIOUSLY considering putting that single stack through your hood!

18) When your rather wax the truck than taker her to a movie.

19) When you have a better selection of filters on the shelf than she has seasonings in the pantry.

20) When you make a wide right turn while driving a car.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: You know your a diesel guy when...

lol, nice!

I especially like this one:

"You Are SERIOUSLY considering putting that single stack through your hood!"

(Beaver County)

And now...

When you consider $2.47 a gallon for fuel...Cheap!

When you call Brett at Industrial Injection and he knows your name as soon as he hears your voice....

When you consider Mustangs and Corvettes slow off the line because they don't hook up in 4x4 like you.

When you spend more money modding your truck than you spent to buy your truck.

When you find yourself explaining to your coworkers that they are crazy for not buying a diesel because of its added power and fuel economy.

When you drive a crew cab dually with an 8" bed and are sad that no one offers a 10 or 12 foot bed as an option.....

(Bucks County)

oh something I never did add in that list originally -

as I did, you name your dog "Diesel"

...and more pics of my little hairy smelly retarded son. heh.

(Lackawanna County)

They forgot "one of the reasons you used to buy your diesel truck was better fuel economy, but you now have worse because of the mods you've done to your truck."

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by nepawolf View Post
    They forgot "one of the reasons you used to buy your diesel truck was better fuel economy, but you now have worse because of the mods you've done to your truck."
    You must not own a diesel!

My 2005 Dodge Cummins dynos 596 at the rear wheels and I drove to NJ in November and got 19.7 MPG flying low and fast..... not bad considering I turn a 12.8 quarter mile with a set of 33x12.50 Pro-Comp Xtreme Terrains with a Crew Cab long bed.

I run Quadzilla Xzillaraider2 Race Module with the stacking software load.
    Quadzilla Commander Digital Gauge System (With Fuel Pressure Kit)
    Bully Dog Triple-Dog with Scarry Larry loaded
    AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Straight piped 4" exhaust
    Snow Performance Stage 2 Water/Meth Injection
    House Of Power 100HP Injectors
    Diesel Performance Products FASS 150/180 (180 Gallon Per Hour) fuel system.
    CFM+ Intake Elbow
    Banks Intercooler kit
    Hamilton Diesel 120lb valve springs
    ARP Head Studs
    Custom Cummins Pistons
    2 angle valve job

I'm sure I'm forgetting something...but thats about it.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by larry0071 View Post
    You must not own a diesel!

My 2005 Dodge Cummins dynos 596 at the rear wheels and I drove to NJ in November and got 19.7 MPG flying low and fast..... not bad considering I turn a 12.8 quarter mile with a set of 33x12.50 Pro-Comp Xtreme Terrains with a Crew Cab long bed.

I run Quadzilla Xzillaraider2 Race Module with the stacking software load.
    Quadzilla Commander Digital Gauge System (With Fuel Pressure Kit)
    Bully Dog Triple-Dog with Scarry Larry loaded
    AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Straight piped 4" exhaust
    Snow Performance Stage 2 Water/Meth Injection
    House Of Power 100HP Injectors
    Diesel Performance Products FASS 150/180 (180 Gallon Per Hour) fuel system.
    CFM+ Intake Elbow
    Banks Intercooler kit
    Hamilton Diesel 120lb valve springs
    ARP Head Studs
    Custom Cummins Pistons
    2 angle valve job

I'm sure I'm forgetting something...but thats about it.
    I do have a diesel, running around town I get around 12 mpg. That might be because I keep stomping on the gas to hear that beautiful rumble, and idling with the peddle down to smell that burning diesel.

(Beaver County)

That might be because I keep stomping on the gas to hear that beautiful rumble, and idling with the peddle down to smell that burning diesel.
    Thats like saying you have a 30 round clip for your AR-15...LOL! We have throttles, we step on the throttle, we dump fuel on them... we never give them gas! Gas just don't work in our engines! Bad Ju-Ju!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by nepawolf View Post
    I do have a diesel, running around town I get around 12 mpg. That might be because I keep stomping on the gas to hear that beautiful rumble, and idling with the peddle down to smell that burning diesel.
    that's about the same for me in city mileage (anywhere from 15-18 highway, unless i'm pulling 4 or 5 tons and then get back to city mileage).

but she's over 8k empty so yeah, not exactly what the little 3k pound diesel car's get hehe.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by larry0071 View Post
    Thats like saying you have a 30 round clip for your AR-15...LOL! We have throttles, we step on the throttle, we dump fuel on them... we never give them gas! Gas just don't work in our engines! Bad Ju-Ju!
    ...and then you used 'clip' for that gas/diesel analogy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast