Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Warren County)

Default Have you ever recieved religions propaganda with a gun accessory purchase?

I must say, I just had a "WTF is this all about" moment when I opened a package from Shooters Discount, Inc. I ordered a set of Leupold see through scope rings for my 10/22, and received them in an amazing 2 days! The transaction was very smooth and went well.

My surprise came when I opened the box to inspect the product, and along with the billing invoice, a small religious pamphlet was placed inside the folded piece of paper. Now, I do NOT want to turn this thread into a religious discussion. I was just curious if anyone else had received anything like this from other vendors?
    Zone1
    My Glock does 1d6+3 dmg, but my 18 dex makes up for that...

(Berks County)

Default Re: Have you ever recieved religions propaganda with a gun accessory purchase?

A one time occurrance(sp?) is not something that I would worry about. Now if it happened a second time I would have to call customer service and ask the WTF. They may not even know about it, it could be one employee doing it, doubtful but possible. Just my $0.02.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Have you ever recieved religions propaganda with a gun accessory purchase?

No, but I don't see the big deal. If it bothers you, you have two choices:
    1) Call them and ask them to not include it in your package; or
    2) Don't order from them.

They are a private company and can put pretty much whatever literature in their packages they choose. Also consider it could just be the person doing the packaging.

<shrug> Throw it away, read it or use it for kindling.

Peace is the the first choice of a wise man; superior firepower a close second. ~ Me

(Warren County)

I didn't find it offensive, it was just a surprise to get it with an order for gun parts.

I was just wondering if anyone else had received anything like it with a gun accessories purchase.
    Zone1
    My Glock does 1d6+3 dmg, but my 18 dex makes up for that...

i get chocolate with my orders from Galco... does that count? lol
    This Space For Rent

Mostly all of them send pamphlets, I never look at them to tell you what they are. But it doesn't really suprise me, gun owners are in general a pretty religious group of folks.

(Luzerne County)

I can think of two different places I have rcvd such things from.

No biggie. I'm not interested I ignore them.

(Snyder County)

I agree 100% with Mr. Ugly. I see a lot of companies that try to incorporate religion into their name or logo. Doesn't bother me one bit. I am more inclined to purchase something from them. But if you don't like it, you are free to do the exact opposite.

But I will start looking at Shooters Discount, Inc more closely now for things I need/want. Thanks!

(Chester County)

Not as a seperate pamphlet, but I received a package from an online ammo purchase that had religious quotes on the label with the company logo. The web site had quotes embedded throughout also, so it didn't take me by surprise.

I'm not big on religion and have little patience for those who talk of nothing, but I don't criticize others for having stronger feelings about it than I. However, I kind of like the idea that someone with deep religious convictions sells gun stuff. The gun grabbers I've met pretty much view guns and the people who own them as ungodly and seeing there's a guy out there who believes so strongly that God and guns can coexist that he's willing to risk offending some to share this belief with others is kind of reassuring in a wierd sort of way.

That or someone in his packing department is on a crusade.
    Last edited by str8shooter; February 21st, 2008 at 05:43 PM.

(Chester County)

No, I haven't.

Call them and ask if the inclusion was intentional, and the result of company policy.

If they say "no" then they have a rogue employee and they'll deal with it.

If they say "yes" then decide whether it bothers you or not.

Personally, I would be less likely to purchase from them again if it is corporate policy. Not because I have a religious issue with it -- but because parallel marketing annoys me. The whole idea of "If you like our product, then you'll love product X" seems a bit presumptuous to me. Just because I did business with you doesn't mean that I'm interested in your philosophy on life, the universe, and everything. Particularly where it's included in the packing materials as some sort of gotcha -- if you want to put it on the website, fine, go for it. It won't stop me from buying from you (probably the opposite, actually), but if you try to backdoor me I'm going to be annoyed.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast