Apparently this joker has acted in a LEO capacity. I have no idea why he would want to do so, but it sure does firm up some not so flattering stereotypes.

Shaq applies for deputy sheriff gig in Cleveland
By J.E. Skeets

"America's Biggest Sheriff" wants back in the game.
The Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy is reviewing paperwork to determine whether Cleveland Cavaliers center Shaquille O'Neal(notes) is eligible to help fight crime.
Per the Associated Press:
"Shaquille O'Neal is looking to continue a sideline career in law enforcement now that he's in Ohio playing for the Cavaliers. [...]
Spokesman John O'Brien of the Cuyahoga County sheriff's office says the Cavs center has applied to become a special deputy. He would have the right to carry a gun and make arrests but not be a paid, formal employee."
If O'Neal is approved, he would need to complete 36 hours of police training within six months and take the Ohio police examination to maintain the appointment. He would also have to pass a test on a shooting range — wait for it, wait for it — from about the free-throw line! Zing! (I'll show myself out.)
O'Neal previously served roles with law enforcement agencies in Arizona, Virginia and Florida, though, if I remember correctly, Shaq-Fu was stripped of his honorary badge in Arizona after he used a racially derogatory word and other foul language in a freestyle rap that mocked former teammate Kobe Bryant.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba,199222

The foul language in the last paragraph that was not quoted was: "Kobe, *****, tell me How my ass tastes?"

citation: Right at about 1:02 and on... (it is tedious up to this point)

http://www.tmz.com/2008/06/23/shaq-a...d-my-marriage/

If Ohio allows him to be a LEO it will be a circus side show indeed. The aspect I do not quite understand is liability. If jackass Shaq does do something during the course of his employment that he is found liable for (plenty of exposure as a police officer, more then a regular citizen) he has lots of money to lose... for what benefit? Getting his rocks off writing tickets and putting cuffs on perps???